Monitor choice

Computer, TV, digital projector connectivity and associated slideshow, framing, AV/DVD creation software
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Monitor choice

Unread post by mikeriach »

Not sure if this is the correct forum but couldn't find a specific one for monitors.

Looking for a recommendation for something in the 24" size for editing.
I am fed up of inconsistent editing using the laptop. Tilting the screen drastically alters the brightness so I end up with varying image quality.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
Philip
Oligarch

Re: Monitor choice

Unread post by Philip »

I'm using an Eizo SX2462W, which I've had about 6 months. Accurate out of the box, but lots of options to fine tune if need be.

Philip
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Monitor choice

Unread post by artington »

I akso use an EIZO, the ColorEdge CG223W. It is first class and the 22 inch size is just right. It has built-in calibration software, Color Navigator, which is always going to be more accurate than an external solution although you will need a compatible measuring pod, like :D the I1 Display, which is not supplied with the monitor. However, I would not imagine this monitor would be worth getting for use with a laptop unless the latter is specially fitted with a decent graphics card. Ideally you should use a card with 10 bit capability like the ATI 4870.