Challenge #45: "My Sweet Valentine-2012"-Winner Chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #45: "My Sweet Valentine-2012"-Winner Chosen

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone, :D

I just realized that we're only few days away from that 'special' day for all that are in love, about to fall in love, planning and anticipating the act of falling in love and is going to make a fine date of it.

Therefore, here's a new challenge for anyone who are willing to participate on the venture for the celebration of love of any sort. : )

Any concept of your own as you celibrate or visualize Valentine's Day to be or something that you witness as sweet in a photo frame will do.

Good luck and enjoy!

Yildiz

Specifications:
* The challenge will run until 29 February 2012.
* The dimensions and the size of your submissions should not exceed 1024*1024 pixels and 250 Kb if you upload through the Photo Club Alpha website's image attachment feature. If you link your photo from an other website or gallery, then no size limitations apply.
*Please make sure that your photos are titled / named by you as you submit them, to make their identification and listing easier and of course to honour them and their photographer. : )
(If the photos don't get titled by the owner by the challenge deadline, I'll take the liberty of temporarily titling them to make identification easier during the listing for the poll)
* You're free to interpret the challenge topic as you like.
* You can submit as many photos as you like.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Challenge #45: "My Sweet Valentine-2012"-ends 29 Feb

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Here we are then - a pair of zebra doves sitting together last week in Lanzarote:
heartdoves1-fx-web.jpg
heartdoves1-fx-web.jpg (216.43 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
Of course it doesn't need the treatment really, the heart is visible in the photo without, but just to keep in the spirit of corny greetings cards...
And this is my new 70-300mm Sigma APO Macro DG - never been so happy with any tele-zoom lens. It has enabled so many stunningly sharp long distances and macro images alike, better than any of the more expensive lenses I have owned.
David
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Very much in the spirit of the Valentine's Day, David. :D

This postcard would sell by hundreds for sure, had it been printed ... and maybe in variably-coloured hearts, too.

A very nice start to the challenge! : )

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Ah yes, Zebra Dove Love! Good shot, DK.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Wildieswife
Oligarch

Unread post by Wildieswife »

Mr and Mrs Reed Bunting off out for a Valentine's day meal. He's going ahead to make sure it's safe and checking she's still there behind him..... Aaaaw

This is a combination of two images.

Pat
"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" Bob Dylan
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Wildieswife wrote:Mr and Mrs Reed Bunting off out for a Valentine's day meal. He's going ahead to make sure it's safe and checking she's still there behind him..... Aaaaw
This is a combination of two images.
Pat

Lovely photo, Pat. Your birds photos continue to amaze me. You have quite the backyard and the natural surroundings for them. : )

I'll congratulate you on your "matchmaking" skills; using post-processing to bring the lady and the gentleman together in such a flawless way requires some skill. : )) Well done and thanks for sharing.

Yildiz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Pat - just be sure never to Photoshop an egret and a frog (Google).

David
Wildieswife
Oligarch

Unread post by Wildieswife »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Pat - just be sure never to Photoshop an egret and a frog (Google).

David
Had to look that one up - naughty! There's a lot of it about. I always say when I've 'cheated' . Photoshop is a skill much the same as the old darkroom skills but it's always best to say when there's been some serious manipulation. Also when using captive/trained animals such as the famous wolf by the (EX) winner of the Veolia Environnement Wildlife Photographer of the Year. Another naughty one.

Pat
"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" Bob Dylan
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hello Sweet Ladies and Gentlemen; :D

This hapens to be the final call for you to share any Valentine's shots that you may have in store... : )

If no more contribution we'll have two contenders for the final; Pat and David will have a competition between their photos.

Nobody had a Valentine's moment worth mentioning in a frame it seems, however irrevalent the day to their life structure or mentality. : ))

Last call it is until 'My Sweet Valentine 2013'....

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #45: "My Sweet Valentine-2012"-voting in proce

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone, : )

This particular challenge is now over.
Please cast your votes at the link below.

Thanks everyone and good luck to our participants! :D

Yildiz

CHALLENGE #45 POLL

aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #45: "My Sweet Valentine-2012"-Winner Chosen

Unread post by aster »

Hi, :D

The challenge is now officially finished as the poll results show; David Kilpatrick is the winner with his 'Heartdoves' Valentine's photo and Pat is the only runner up with her successful photo.

Congratulations to you both and thanks very much for participating! :D

Yildiz

Link to poll results:

POLL THAT DETERMINED THE WINNER