Challenge 11: “Those Were The Days My Friend”

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge 11: “Those Were The Days My Friend”

Unread post by aster »

“... We thought they’ll never end...”

Hello everbody, :D

Once a baby...once a mischievous toddler...once an excited, impatient teen...once a young lady or man...once a student...once a fiancé ...once a business man jammed in work...once married...once a father or a mother...once a grandfather...once a throphy winner...once owner of that sleek car...once stuck in mud...once rode your favourite bike...once a clown...once an explorer...once a diver...once a traveller...once a marine...once a first-time-camera owner...once a romantic...etc.

Once upon a time, you were part of something that everyone else was part of too or were the sole priviledged party.

*For this challenge, we’re required to bring forth frames from the past, either of ourselves as the subject or of an actual event that we took part in with the rest of the crowd that made your circle.
*Photos can be damaged originals (unprocessed), scanned from scratchy films or digitals with any processing you’d like to incorporate.
*You can submit as many as you like.
*10 July 2009, Friday, is the last day that you can submit your photos.

Looking forwad to seeing the person that was you while going through the phases of life as it shaped it into the person you are today. :)

Good luck everyone,

Yildiz
harveyzone
Oligarch

Re: Challenge 11: “Those Were The Days My Friend”

Unread post by harveyzone »

I'll start...

Ahhh, the 80s. If you can't remember them you are probably too young...

Me and my mates in a band destined to never get off the ground! Squeezed into my old bedroom.
Note the art college prints on the wall.

Rock 'n' Roll.
--
Tom
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

And that hair style!

Definitely 80's Rock 'n' Roll ... :D

Great starter Harveyzone.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Those were the days, with friends :D . Early 90s, the Orkneys, two weeks holiday staying in a ramshackle house on an island in Stromness harbour, 20 plus hours a day of summer sun-shine, Highland park single malt, Orkney Brewery beer, Stromness oatcakes, and impromptu music with family and friends. It just doesn't get better than that. Thank you Yildiz for the trip down memory lane - a really good one. (I am the one grinning like a fool in the picture, rather than any of the serious musos!)

Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:D That's one jamming bunch there Birma! You all look very pleasant and red cheeked...

Must be very vivid memories linked to those moments.

We actually have / had some very aspiring musicians, guitarists/bass players in the forum.

Thanks for sharing these genuine moments down the memory lane Birma. :D :D

Yildiz