Challenge Process

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Winston
Grand Caliph

Challenge Process

Unread post by Winston »

Yildiz, do your admin rights allow you to edit thread titles?
Winston Mitchell
KM7D, A700, A77, A77M2, A7M3
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge Process

Unread post by aster »

Hi,

I'm not sure yet but there's a splitting option which does transfer all posts under a new title that I can choose, hence changing the title of the thread. Rather like a work-around than a direct solution and I haven't looked for the 'change title' option yet. I will do so now.

Anything I can help you with?

Thanks,
Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge Process- change title by splitting-test

Unread post by aster »

Winston, as I mentioned in my previous post I can do that by splitting option. :D

Please look at this thread's title now.

Yildiz
Winston
Grand Caliph

Re: Challenge Process- change title by splitting-test

Unread post by Winston »

The reason I asked is that it might allow you to address some visibility concerns expressed earlier. My idea:

When starting a new challenge, title it something like Challenge n: Title - Submissions
When the time is expired, change the title to Challenge n: Title - Voting
When voting is complete change the title to Challenge n: Title - Winner Chosen

Just a suggestion.
Winston Mitchell
KM7D, A700, A77, A77M2, A7M3
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge Process

Unread post by aster »

Hi Winston,

Yes, I can do that. I have that kind of permission for every thread. I thought maybe you were asking for a more different task.

I can edit the titles much like anyone in the forum with no admin rights but who starts the actual thread. All members can change their own thread titles by going to their starter-post and editting the title. The only difference there being, the thread-starter can only change his/her thread title while I can do this with anybody's thread.

Your suggestion is very suitable and I'll make the necessary changes, at least for the challenge thread I started for the moment.

Thanks,
Yildiz