Challenge 21: “Bend That Light!” - Winner Chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Re: Challenge 21: “Bend That Light!” - Submissions

Unread post by Ewannawe »

aster wrote:Hi Ewannawe,

:D I'm happy that no accidents happenned while you fired those fireworks. They appear to be pretty close to you...

All you had to do was play the little indian boy and run around the fireworks to create some light trails! :D

Would love to see your new contributions as well, if you get round to it.

Thanks,
Yildiz
Probably overdone the PP but i like the result regardless. Only one firework going off, a simultaneous zoomburst and pan.

Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Ewannawe,
David Kilpatrick wrote:Oh, balls!

I can't shoot anything like that :-)

David
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That is an amazing effect Ewanawe. I would not even have guessed it was a firework - looks more like some event during the bing bang!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Unread post by Ewannawe »

Ok, whilst I really appreciate your comments guys I think I need to provide a sense of perspective on this. The original photograph was totally uninspiring, it's the PP that makes the image interesting. And PP to the extent that arguably it is no longer a photograph but some mutation. More impressionistic art than a photo I'm afraid.

I'll go and post another example in the before and after thread which I don't think anyone has ventured into yet.
Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Ewannawe, :)

I have to agree with Birma. That's remarkably close to starting a bing-bang theory of its own. I love the colours. It's as though paint was being splashed from every where and all around due to some centric force applied.

Very dynamic!

Thanks,
Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Ewannawe- Awesome shot....Very psychedelic... :D
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 21: “Bend That Light!” - Judging Phase

Unread post by aster »

Hello Ladies and gentlemen;

We're happy to announce that this challenge is now in judging phase and the judges are heading toward the 'light chambers' with their dark shades on and a big smile on their faces! :D

Thank you all for your participation.

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 21: “Bend That Light!” - Winner Chosen

Unread post by aster »

Light, the commander and source for all life on Earth for all creatures and art. Those that have a desire to survive bend at its will. But for once we thought we’d have a go at bending it to our will and be creative. Photographers, who rely on its tiniest existence are the ones most affected by its abundance to create a worthy art of registering life around us.

This time though, light is our paint and cameras our brushes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the announcement of the winning entries of the challenge. :D

We’d like to congratulate Harveyzone for his entry which earned the first place!

Harveyzone, with this photo complied fully with the challenge concept by providing both a ghostly backdrop of the real scene and also painting on it a tunnel of light and greenery that could make the poster of a thriller movie...

Thank you for your participation Tom and congratulations! :D

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Bakubo and Cogito share the second place with their blue Christmas lights. They turned a familiar Christmas scene into blue neon abstract art.

Thank you for your participations Bakubo and Cogito and congratulations! :D

Christmas Lights in Tokyo by Bakubo

Christmas Lights by Cogito

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bossel, with his ‘Bora Bora’ takes our third place by writing a secret language in space that everyone can read to their liking... A script for the heart’s eye to see and interpret for each individual that views it.

Thank you for your participation Bossel and congratulations! :D

Bora Bora
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

And.... Special Forum and Judges’ Award goes to Ewannawe by popular demand. :D

Though enhanced by post-processing ...it’s exciting..it’s abstract art...it’s spontaneous...and it has the energy to revive the spirit like an atomic collision bursting before the naked eye...

Thank you very much Ewannawe for your participation and congratulations! :D

Big Bang by Ewannawe
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

Opps. Nevermind.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Congratulations all. :D