Photo Challenge #27: Your Photo of the Year - Ended

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.

Which photo do you like best?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Lonnie Utah
8%
kamarulamir
20%
pakodominguez
4%
bossel
28%
paulmurphy
36%
WestCoast
No votes
Ewannawe
4%

Total votes: 25

paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Re: Photo Challenge #27: Your Photo of the Year - Voting

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Welcome back Yildiz

Thanks to Lonnie for running the show in your absence and a big thanks to all who voted, and for the comments.

I hope everyone has a productive time in the coming months.

Best wishes

Paul
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

My congrats also to Paul, I voted for him - I am just back from a week in Yildiz-Country :) where it can actually by very cold, icy and snowy even on the Egean sea (but more so in Ice-tanbul :mrgreen: (can I get a trademark on that name?)).
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I am late to seeing this thread. Who decided which photos were to be voted on?
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bakubo wrote:I am late to seeing this thread. Who decided which photos were to be voted on?
Hi Bakubo,

I believe Lonnie asked everyone to select a favourite photo of an other member as the candidate photo entry for this challenge and each member chose from among all the photos that were submitted to the forum threads so far.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

aster wrote:
bakubo wrote:I am late to seeing this thread. Who decided which photos were to be voted on?
Hi Bakubo,

I believe Lonnie asked everyone to select a favourite photo of an other member as the candidate photo entry for this challenge and each member chose from among all the photos that were submitted to the forum threads so far.

Yildiz
Hi Henry and Yildiz. I think there were two challenges that Lonnie organised at the end / beginning of the year. There was "#27 Your Photo of the Year" where members were asked to submit one of their own pictures taken during 2009. This is the challenge that Murph won (and the subject of this thread). http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =45&t=3539

There was also a "#28 Photo of the Year" where members were asked to nominate someone else's photograph (placed anywhere on the forum during 2009). This didn't really get going as I think people found the thought of going through so much material a bit daunting. (It did take me the best part of a couple of hours, but I did enjoy it :D .) There were only three suggestions; DK's graveyard shot, Doc's statue, and Olaf's self portrait (or any of Murph's coastal scenes :D ). http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =45&t=3552
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Birma, :)

Thank you very much for the detailed explanations and links as I only caught the final moments of these challenges that Lonnie organized.

It certainly must have been a hard task for the contributors to select from within such a rich pool of photos!

Thanks,

Yildiz
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

aster wrote:It certainly must have been a hard task for the contributors to select from within such a rich pool of photos!
True. Alas that one kind of withered on the vine since only 3 people nominated photos to be voted on. If people wanted to nominate a few more photos, I'd be happy to post up a poll about it.... :)

PS Welcome back.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Lonnie Utah wrote:
aster wrote:It certainly must have been a hard task for the contributors to select from within such a rich pool of photos!
True. Alas that one kind of withered on the vine since only 3 people nominated photos to be voted on. If people wanted to nominate a few more photos, I'd be happy to post up a poll about it.... :)

PS Welcome back.
Thank you Lonnie! :D

You did a fine job of the challenges. Any thoughts and ideas that tickled your brain for a new photo challenge? :) Don't hesitate to send one.

Yildiz
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

aster wrote:Any thoughts and ideas that tickled your brain for a new photo challenge? :) Don't hesitate to send one.
The quote the old song....

~~The weather outside is frightful...~~

My idea, your rules. Deal?
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Lonnie Utah wrote: The quote the old song....

~~The weather outside is frightful...~~

My idea, your rules. Deal?
Deal. Sounds good...

Would you like to start the thread and specify what we should be looking for in this frighful weather? Fo example: macros ? scenes? shooting outside from indoors through a window..outdoors..etc. ?

Thanks,
Yildiz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Testing the view active posts update.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

this one showed up for me in the active post lists but none of the others, oh... except the anticipation one continues to show.