Photo Challenge #29 - Anticipation

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

This section of the forum is too quiet as of late, and, since I keep anticipating seeing more good shots here, I've decided to start a new challenge - Anticipation.

We're all anticipating Sony's latest releases, but lets see what photos we can produce that show anticipation. Interpret that as you will.

All regular forum rules apply. We'll end this one May 1st and I'll get together with Yildiz to determine how a winner will be determined.

Good shooting!

Dusty
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Photo Challenge #29 - Anticipation

Unread post by aster »

A good yet also challenging topic Dusty, :D

The interpretations of the subject certainly will differ and produce a variety hopefully.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Yildiz
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Dusty wrote:This section of the forum is too quiet as of late, and, since I keep anticipating seeing more good shots here, I've decided to start a new challenge - Anticipation.

We're all anticipating Sony's latest releases, but lets see what photos we can produce that show anticipation. Interpret that as you will.
I'm surprised that no one has posted anything yet in response to this, so I'll start things off with a picture that I enjoy for several reasons. Here is a shot that I took several years ago with my Minolta A2. During a visit with Swiss friends, we all drove down to Tuscany to spend several days at their week-end home and visit some of the standard tourist cities in the area. Along the way we stopped for fuel in a service area along the Autostrada in Northern Italy. The daughter caught sight of some of the merchandise in the shop and immediately turned on the charm with her father. The result was the picture below . . .

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Attachments
Anticipation-1.jpg
(280.74 KiB) Downloaded 3220 times
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Dusty, how can I anticipate an anticipation in an anticipation topic... :? err, I mean, what I see as anticipation in the anticipation topic is... :( you got me all mixed up. :cry:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Mike
Oligarch

Unread post by Mike »

Not a great picture, but I hate having a challenge without many posts.
DSC01689_DxO_raw.jpg
DSC01689_DxO_raw.jpg (175.92 KiB) Viewed 6078 times
What? Everyone doesn't make Birthday Cakes for their dogs?

Mike
KevinBarrett

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

That was very cute Mike. I could totally imagine my brother making a cake for his dog, that is, if he really did stuff with his kitchen. My wife, however, would jump at any excuse to make a cake...I've got a picture of the last one she and I worked on but it doesn't fit the challenge.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Mike
Oligarch

Unread post by Mike »

I would like to take credit for making the cake but by cooking skills are more or less confined to Microwaveable Beefaroni and steaks on the grill. My sister in law made the cake.

Mike
BruceKingston
Heirophant

Unread post by BruceKingston »

"Man, I hope I don't hit this into the net", or
"Boy, I hope I can get to where he is going to hit it before the ball gets there", or even
"I wonder whether it will be a boy or a girl?"
Anticipation.jpg
Anticipation.jpg (671.03 KiB) Viewed 6030 times
Bruce Kingston
Blog, sales and other stuff: http://www.kingdiholdings.com
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Bruce, that is a great picture - I like the movement in the players, and the casual audience - all of "beach life" is there. Then there is the awesome colour of the ocean - wow :shock: . Just an ordinary afternoon in WA I guess :D ?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
BruceKingston
Heirophant

Unread post by BruceKingston »

Birma wrote:Bruce, that is a great picture - I like the movement in the players, and the casual audience - all of "beach life" is there. Then there is the awesome colour of the ocean - wow :shock: . Just an ordinary afternoon in WA I guess :D ?
Thanks Birma, yup fairly standard day! It was a toss up as to whether this went here or in the Weather In Your Area topic elsewhere. Plenty of others to go there I guess were I to want to labour the point - which I might not be able to resist :D
Bruce Kingston
Blog, sales and other stuff: http://www.kingdiholdings.com
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

In anticipation of spring.

Nearly daffodils

Nearly cherry blossom

Both taken with my manual 135/3.5 lens on the A100.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Mike's photo gave me an idea, and an excuse to play with the backdrop setup Dannelle bought me for Christmas. Here is Emma and our newest family member Ellie (a Lab/Retriever mix). I definately learned a couple of things doing this.. 1. I need more flash practice. 2. God bless all those who do pet photography for a living!!! Anyway here is my interpretation of 'anticipation'. C&C welcomed, 'cause god knows I need it!! John
Attachments
anticipation copy.jpg
(649.48 KiB) Downloaded 3108 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

This was in San Francisco (California, USA) Bay on a boating trip.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I'm updating this topic in case this has a useful effect on view active topics.

David
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

One of my soon to bloom Daffodils in the morning rain yesterday. I had to trek thru the mud to get to them!
Daffodil-web.jpg
(185.76 KiB) Downloaded 3012 times
Shot with my new (used) Sigma 35-135 lens.

Dusty