The Challenge of Challenges.....

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

The Challenge of Challenges.....

Unread post by Dusty »

The other day I was thinking about a new photo challenge, and didn't have the chance to post it. Then I promptly forgot it! :oops:

So, this is not a Photo Challenge, it's a Challenge to come up with new ideas for Photo Challenges.

If you think of one, post it here. Then Aster (or anyone, really) can decide to run with it, define it and set the rules for it. That way we'll not have everyone bugging Aster for more challenges all the time. After all, aren't photographers all supposed to be creative? Why keep the burden just on her?

Even if you idea isn't really fleshed out, just post it here. It may spark the creative genius in another member who will flesh it out.

Dusty
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Re: The Challenge of Challenges.....

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

I was in a "leading lines" challenge once and it was a good one.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

At present, my proposal would be "All Things Gone Wrong In Camera but Yilded Interesting Results" ,after my most recent memory card truncation experience.

I find the results out of the camera rather fascinating...Believe it or not! :D

The other idea is "Not Your Piece Of Cake", after Bakubo's seagull photo where the seagull is choking on a starfish. The idea can be extended to other things in life.

Yildiz

Truncation Art Out of Camera
All Things Gone Wrong With Camera2.jpg
(202.1 KiB) Downloaded 1501 times
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Good one Yildiz! That image actually has some appeal!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

KevinBarrett wrote:Good one Yildiz! That image actually has some appeal!
Thanks, Kevin!

I'm amazed how each photo is generated in a different graphical layout, with different colour rendetion by the camera as a result of faulty writing. Each one is unique and a one-time-only piece. Some graphics artists do this manually, by ctting and pasting for the covers of architectural magazines and books.

It's camera-generated art to me. (even if, at the expense of a memory stick...but I think the card will be replaced or saved by he officials)

Yildiz