Challenge 34:"Autumn; Bringer of Everything Sweet"-Finalized

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge 34:"Autumn; Bringer of Everything Sweet"-Finalized

Unread post by aster »

Hi everyone, :D

Welcome to Challenge #34: "Autumn; Bringer of Everything Sweet" !

Autumn, the odd season that calls us back into the warm domains of indoors, comes bearing many sweet fruits and family / outdoor events and holidays.

So, the photo challenge is open to everything that Autumn brings to your garden, your kitchen, your table, your soul, your horizon, your workspace, your household, your prayers, your back, your ears...in other words everything and anything you catch yourself seeeing and doing just because it's autumn (and Spring for some : ) ).

Every concept and context is accepted, all depending on your approach.

Specifications:

* The challenge ends on 26 December 2010.
* The size of the photos should not exceed 1024 * 1024 and 250 KB.
* You may submit as many photos as you like.
* Remember to not limit yourself on ideas and just feel free to think out of the box! : )
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Challenge 34:" Autumn; Bringer of Everything Sweet - run

Unread post by Dusty »

aster wrote: Specifications:

* The challenge ends on 14 December 2010.
Not to be a stickler, Yildiz, but you've cut 1 week off of Autumn. It officially ends on Dec 21st.

Dusty
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Dusty wrote:
aster wrote: Specifications:

* The challenge ends on 14 December 2010.
Not to be a stickler, Yildiz, but you've cut 1 week off of Autumn. It officially ends on Dec 21st.

Dusty
Hi Dusty, : )

I do agree with you on the official ending date of Autumn but the only reason I set the above timeline was to keep the challenges within a 4-week period which is easier to remember by the photo-submitters.

The fact is, if we really should extend the time for this challenge, then we should also include Christmas because this particular holiday really is a mood-setter and an important family event for the Christians and for some like myself who are not Christians by a family descent. : ))

I think that it's better to cover Christmas also, don't you think?

I'll set a new date for the finalization of the challenge, like 26 December 2010.

Is this better? Let me know.. : ))

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi, : )

Out and about, my Autumn does bring some extraordinary sights to the eyes. After the rain of last night, dented, asphalt-covered roads had small pools of rainwater this morning...and the sparrows took full advantage of their occurence, by taking their day baths to my amusement.

My starter photos will be of these chirpy, happy, day-spa bunch! :)

Yildiz
HoorayShowerTime.jpg
(212.05 KiB) Downloaded 3075 times
PuddleBirdSpa.jpg
(249.76 KiB) Downloaded 3075 times
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I knew you would post such shot here, just after seeing one from the bunch in the "Weather..." topic. Nice shots.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Hi Yildiz - Autumn ended here with a bang today but I'll try to get some golden autumn leaves... covered in snow!

David
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Leafy trail.

david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

On the river bank.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Dr. Harout wrote:I knew you would post such shot here, just after seeing one from the bunch in the "Weather..." topic. Nice shots.
Yes, I seem to repeat myself more often than not by saying: Dr. Harout, you are reading my mind sometimes! :D :D
I have absolutely no problem with that and thank you for the kind remarks! : )

Hi David,

Looking forward to what 'banged' the sweet November autumn down in your area ! I have this odd dilemma; I love the idea of snow covered grounds in UK right now..but I also feel for the living creatures that have to experience such fluctuations of temperature and weather conditions overnight. And you certainly have more than a couple around and in your house... : )

Hi David Antony,

Hmmm, interesting....interesting....
I can hear the sound of the crushing and grinding of those leaves under your footwear. I great trail for a walk...

Thanks for sharing!

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

The Thanksgiving weekend brings 'A Dickens of a Christmas' every year to downtown McKinney. The shop owners dress in Dickensian costumes, and there are all kinds of activities for the kiddos... Here is one from the carousel on the square. I plan to go tonight sans family to shoot some more.
Attachments
carousel resize.jpg
(199.31 KiB) Downloaded 3037 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Juanito200 wrote:The Thanksgiving weekend brings 'A Dickens of a Christmas' every year to downtown McKinney. The shop owners dress in Dickensian costumes, and there are all kinds of activities for the kiddos... Here is one from the carousel on the square. I plan to go tonight sans family to shoot some more.

Every child's dream merry-go-round! Especially a joy to ride on holidays, for some mysterious reason; candies in pockets and hands and to just hop on that rocking horse to wave back at friends and family..and try not to slip sidewards to mommy's amusement! :)

Nice going, John, but I'm also looking forward to your next bunch of shots if you do get a chance to shoot more. : )

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

From today the proverbial 'kid in a candy store' .
Attachments
OMG resize.jpg
OMG look at all this candy!hiccup!!!
(232.77 KiB) Downloaded 2988 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:D :D
"Now what to get ? Which to sample ? How about I walk out with a giant jar of candies Uncle Candy Store Owner ?"

There always used to be a couple of free samples that the shop keeper would smoothly tuck into my jacket's pockets for a later 'snack'..preferably after dinner! :D

Lovely shot!

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Shot with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f/2.8 screw mount lens on a700
DSC08196.jpg
(145.05 KiB) Downloaded 2971 times
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
kLuMzi