Challenge # 35 Holiday Abstracts - Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Challenge # 35 Holiday Abstracts - Winner Announced

Unread post by Juanito200 »

The month of December brings holidays for many places, and many faiths. This brings all sorts of decorations to our world. Ordinary places are transformed into beautiful scenes, with lights and ornaments from the smallest, to the grandest scale. This challenge is to unleash your creativity on these scenes, and to render them abstractly! Submit as many times as you like, as I know that all the lights and shiny things will give you plenty of subjects. End date of 1-7-2011 (open to suggestions) I'll start it off with one from last year, and one from this year. Enjoy, John

Oh yeah- Normal image size restrictions apply etc.
Attachments
Christmas Abstract resize.jpg
(185.1 KiB) Downloaded 2520 times
Bokeh Tree.jpg
(169.48 KiB) Downloaded 2520 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge # 35 Holiday Abstracts

Unread post by Birma »

Great idea John - and I really like your example from 2009 - would make a great Christmas Card :D
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Here is one from Christmas 2008, taken with the A100 and Min 50/1.7

Decoration 1 by Birm, on Flickr

I hope to add to this once we have the decorations up at home this year :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Great shot Birma... We don't have any up yet, so I'm waiting to try for more then... John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice shots everyone! : )

I'm still trying to find something Christmasy to go abstract on.... My hopes are high for may chances and thankfully there's still time!

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi John, : )

I believe the deadline has been reached for this challenge, since you specified the date as 7 January 2011 in your initial post.

Is it closed to submissions or do you have other plans / schedules for this challenge? : )

Thanks,

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Yeah close this one Aster- It seemed to die on the vine. Maybe Birma and I should just flip a coin... :lol: :lol:
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge # 35 Holiday Abstracts - Voting

Unread post by aster »

Hello everyone, :)

Please cast your votes in the link below to determine the winner of Challenge #35 .

Voting for Challenge#35

Thanks,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge # 35 Holiday Abstracts - Winner Announced

Unread post by aster »

Hi all, :)

With your votes Challenge#35 Winner is John LeBlanc.

Congratulations, John! :D

Now, let's go and shine those cameras and get them ready for an othe challenge! How about something for "Valentine's..."

Yildiz