Challenge #36: "Oh, My Sweet ....!" - Winners Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #36: "Oh, My Sweet Valentine!" - ends 21 Febru

Unread post by aster »

The prominent colour is very 'sweet' for a red; a darkish tone that's looking stylish. :D

Lovely, bubbles and hibicus flower in the last close up.

I think you're doing fine for product shots. May take a while remembering to grab the camera before the food is swept off of the plates and the table though. :D

Yildiz
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

This is a old project I have worked on ... the goal was to create a CD box for an album for one of my musician friend. Well the idea behind the picture was not "sweet" :-), but mostly representing valentine day turning not in the good mood ...

But there is chocolate on the picture :-) and bubble drink (everywhere).

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

A twist to Valemtine's Day and a good one!

:)

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Last two days! :D

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hello everyone! :D

With your permission I would like to skip the part where we start voting and announce all of our four participants the honorable winners. : )

Since the 6 images add up to make the story of a "Lovers' Valentine Date Gone Bizarre", I believe they should be treated as 'one' and therefore have 1/4 share as the winning party.

As photographed by the participants, the story goes like this:

*.."And he succeeds...The town is suddenly full of lovers that are holding hands, kissing, sending love kisses through the billboards lining the streets where they pray their lovers will walk or drive and see how much they're loved!"
(photo by Dr. Harout)

*.."Some lovers hit home and are engaged in sweet gatherings; eat sweet, drink sweet and talk sweet is their motto. Soon they are as light-headed and hearted as the bubles in their champagne."
(photos by Birma)

*.."Love is a strange emotion though. Sometimes Cupid just doesn't have sufficient bring-together-glue on his love arrow to bring the lovers together for eternity and things fall apart on the most unsuitable time there is, Valentine's Day. And you see all those sweet emotions gone with the wind, chocolates thrown all over the place, photos and love letters torn to pieces as mere smears and colour blotches against a frozen terrain that's no more colder than the hearts of the parted lovers."
(photo by InTheSky)

Congratulations lady and gentlemen! You were great! See you in other challenges. :D

Now off to other topics and other dreamworlds of photos!

Yildiz