Challenge #43: “Autumn; From Summer To ... ”- Winners Chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #43: “Autumn; From Summer To ... ”- Winners Chosen

Unread post by aster »

Hello everyone!

Welcome to our new challenge. :)

As the title suggests our new challenge will cover Autumn in all of its glory, melancholy, sweetness, bitterness...

Please share with us your Autumn wherever you are and in however style you choose, whether it depicts nature, urban district or any other aspect you wish to work on.

This challenge will run until November 15th, so that there’ll be more time for you to experience a special autumnal period and ample opportunities for some exceptional shooting.

Looking forward to your Autumn from all over the World! :D

Enjoy and have fun!

Yildiz

Specifications:
*Challenge #43 ends on November 15th, 2011.
*The dimensions of the photo should not exceed 1024*1024pixels. If you use the website’s attachment feature to upload your photo directly to the Photoclubalpha website’s server it would be wise to keep the size of the photo around 250 KBs, to spare some server space for the future. : )
*You may enter with as many photos as you like.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #43: “Autumn; From Summer To Winter”-ends Nov

Unread post by aster »

Hi, :)

So here's my starter!

Birma had mentioned that I take some shots of Istanbul cooling gradually down to winter...Yildiz

ps. Canada is a piece of land that I take pride in for its grand scale of wonderful nature and diversity, even though I'm not Canadian. I always considered myself a world citizen and therefore will always salute its beauty and promise for a better ecology....I hope.
ps 2. I hope this shot does not break any rules of the forum, since I really tried to hide some brand names just in case.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Thumbs up both for the shot and the challenge.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks, Dr. Harout. : )

Looking forward to your shots!

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Cute Ladies and Handsome Gentlemen; :D

I believe it's time to remind you that we're right in the heart of autumn and this challenge awaits your regional observations which I was happy to see in other forums.

Some autumn colours in the 'Give It Your Best Shot' section are encouraging me to prompt you to start taking some shots already. : )

Colourful woods, withering leaves, squirrels, lakes, streams, hillls and mountains, warm indoors...etc. Just you imagine it and send us a shot of it / them.

Yildiz
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

I don't have a very good shot yet but I have one I will post later :-)
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

[SiC] wrote:I don't have a very good shot yet but I have one I will post later :-)

That would only be great, Sebastian! :D :D

Always anticipating.... : )

Yildiz
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

Can we go into our archives or do they have to be new ?
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

-----Nod----- wrote:Can we go into our archives or do they have to be new ?
Hi Nod,

New would be wonderful but you can submit photos from your archives as well.
If you find the time and the opportunity to shoot a photo from Autumn 2011, don't forget to submit that either. : )

Yildiz
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Certainly no masterpiece... But this is pretty representative for how autumn starts in my part of the world - temperatures dropping, trees are changing colour and the sun is travelling lower and lower...
DSC08249b.jpg
(144.45 KiB) Downloaded 6387 times
Thanks for watching! :D
I will try and get a better autumn picture since it was ok to post more than one 8)

/Zeb!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

As summer leaves, dusk breaks slowely over the cold earth. It is then, when you turn around one more time in the comforts of your warm bed, mist covers the farmlands with a soft blanket.

#1 - When everybody sleeps I

#2 - When everybody sleeps II

#3 - Swimming into oblivion
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

Wow, those are all great ! My favorites are # 1 & 3. Beautiful.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Oh, thank you very much :-) I'm very happy with them too!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Sebastian;

That's a lovely shot. : ) I can feel the last warming rays of the Sun while the leaves are ablazed into reddish tones of colour as autumn enforces its power into green vegetation...

Thanks for sharing. : )
mvanrheenen wrote:As summer leaves, dusk breaks slowely over the cold earth. It is then, when you turn around one more time in the comforts of your warm bed, mist covers the farmlands with a soft blanket.
Hi Mark, : )

That's put very nicely. You've got the concept of the challenge perfectly; summer leaving its prevalence to autumn...And those submissions are only very 'telling' of how that happens in your disrict. If I were an impressionist painter, these shots would of inspired me into splashing some subtle mixture of paint on canvas by now. Who knows, I still might if I get a few extra hours... : ))

Those are great images indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

Yildiz
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »