Challenge #67: "Capturing Christmas'/Holidays'/New Year's Spirit and Joy.." - 11 Dec 2017-11 Jan 2018-Submissions

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge #67: "Capturing Christmas'/Holidays'/New Year's Spirit and Joy.." - 11 Dec 2017-11 Jan 2018-Submissions

Unread post by aster »

Hello and welcome to reviving of the challenges. :)

Let's try and capture the spirit of the month of December which accommodates Christmas, the Holy Days of many other devotees and the New Year. I'm sure there are many ways these days are observed and symbolized through artwork or way of life...

If you capture any that you find of interest to you, we would love to see them. :)

And since I'm guilty of not publishing the reviews and winners of few previous challenges for some good yet not-sharable reasons, I come bearing apologies to all contributors who had wonderful entries and I part for now to resume my delightful obligation and write my reviews. :D You were wonderful with your extremely tolerant patience and silence. Thank you. Silence is Golden as patience is rewarding.

Wishing all of you a delightful season of Holy Days; may they be spiritually and mindfully binding in an understanding of unity for all Mankind and not just for some. : )

Thanks and Good Luck to All !

Yildiz

Specifications for Challenge #67: "Capturing Christmas'/Holidays'/New Year's Spirit and Joy.."

1./ Challenge #67 will run through 11/Dec/2017 - 11/Jan/2018
2./ The image dimensions must not exceed 1024*1024 pixels and the file size should be smaller than 250 KB.
3./ You can enter with 3 of your favourite images at the most.
4./ Creative thinking is encouraged. Would be nice to see newly taken photos.
5./ Enjoy!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #67: "Capturing Christmas'/Holidays'/New Year's Spirit and Joy.." - 11 Dec 2017-11 Jan 2018-Submissions

Unread post by bakubo »

I don't have much that is Christmas related, but here are two.

Christmas illumination, Tokyo -- 2006

Christmas illumination, Honolulu -- 2008

aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge #67: "Capturing Christmas'/Holidays'/New Year's Spirit and Joy.." - 11 Dec 2017-11 Jan 2018-Submissions

Unread post by aster »

That's a neat different point of view, Henry. :)
Approaching the topic with an out-of-the-box view is just as good as a traditional one, maybe better.

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Taken last night. DA
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:D So cosy, David Antony, and welcome. So good to know you are still with us.

Love the inflated snowman but the snow 'Charlot' Charlie Chaplin is just very charming. (At least I believe it looks like him)

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Thanks Yidiz.
I forgot my password, had difficulty restoring till mid September.
Just before my trip to Street Vibrations in Reno Nevada. Good
to be back.
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Unread post by smulnik »

The "City Garden" in downtown St. Louis. Normally these are lighted fountains, but in Winter the water is turned off and the lighted fountain-heads are covered with semi-translucent globes. (Dec 2017)
DSC04593.jpg
(237.36 KiB) Downloaded 4044 times
Holiday decorations hanging inside my sister's kitchen. :) (Dec 2016)
DSC02110.jpg
(242.7 KiB) Downloaded 4044 times
A7 III - A99 - NEX 7 - A900 - A100 - RX100 IV
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you for your contributions, Sig. :)

These are lovely and nicely taken too.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz