Small sample size survey on a ferry

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
Birma
Tower of Babel

Small sample size survey on a ferry

Unread post by Birma »

On a recent ferry crossing (to the Isle of Harris, see http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =17&t=2424) it was a dry day and so the open deck was busy with every type of camera being used. Of the dslrs being used, including mine, there were 3 Alphas. An A200, an A350, and my A100. There were also two very large Canon / Nikons in evidence (not your entry level type of thing), and a single D90, but no others. It's not exactly statistically significant but it was interesting to see the other Alphas. Sorry no pictures of the other cameras, and too shy to introduce myself and publicise the site :oops: .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Small sample size survey on a ferry

Unread post by Javelin »

My daughter was at an event on the weekend and she told me she noticed a lot of Sony SLR's too.
Heidfirst
Oligarch

Unread post by Heidfirst »

recently was out photographing red kites & of the 4 DSLR users in the hide 3 were Alpha users (2 A700s & 1 A900, all were previously Minolta users) & 1 Nikon. Not a Canon to be seen! :lol:
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I saw a lot of Alphas in Rome last year, and I saw half a dozen at our local botanical gardens in the first weekend of spring this year...it never occurred to me to shoot them, but meta-photography can be fun.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Saw many alphas in Venice this year (of course not as much as canikon) but it's improving.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I was at the zoo today. Lots of people were shooting with P&S, but I noticed just one DSLR (except mine of course) and guess what, it was an A100 (in a lady's hands). :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
stroberaver
Initiate

Unread post by stroberaver »

I saw somebody else with an A700 for the first time when in London recently, hung around the shoulder of a Japanese tourist on HMS Belfast. Other than that, it's always Canikons wherever I go.