Zoo today

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Zoo today

Unread post by Dusty »

Took the kids to the St. Louis Zoo today. Lots of P&S shooters, a few phone cam shooters and of course plenty of DSLRs.

Mostly Nikons - the local chain pushes them and they have a couple of local radio talk hosts tell everyone how great their pics are fro the D60. The best looking glass was on a large bodied Canon - I couldn't see much of the body so don't know which one it is.

The only Alpha mount I spotted was the one I brought. Dissapointing, really. Didn't get a chance to tell anyone about the site.

The weather was beautiful and a few of the shots look promising. I did sorely underestimate the effect that a 20lbs, 11 month old baby bouncing around in a backpack can have one your ability to get the shots!

Dusty
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Zoo today

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Super Steady Shot Inside
Super Unsteady Shot Outside
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

KevinBarrett wrote:Super Steady Shot Inside
Super Unsteady Shot Outside
:D

Never underestimate the back-stabbing powers of a baby in a backpack...they don't like having to look behind....do it like kangaoros do instead...or just hand over to mommy. :D

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Dusty wrote:...I did sorely underestimate the effect that a 20lbs, 11 month old baby bouncing around in a backpack can have one your ability to get the shots!

Dusty
I appreciate your struggles Dusty :shock: . I have all but given up when wearing the back pack and pass the camera over to Mum to take the shots. She is probably better at composition than me; I press the buttons and set the dials first :D
DSC06362 copy.jpg
(270.73 KiB) Downloaded 1695 times
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

That's a nice shot Birma. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Like father, like daughter, Birma. :D

She's a tiny replica of yours...same browline, almost same cheeks (but hers are lovelier!)...and sunshades of course! :D

Good to see father and daughter go the adventures together.

Yildiz