Vancouver olympics opening

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Vancouver olympics opening

Unread post by Javelin »

Watching the opening ceremony for the olympics I thought I might see some Sony cameras so I was trying to keep an eye out. I think they made the athletes cover up the names and logos on the DSLRS... they all had plain black straps. but I was able to recognise a big canon with a grip and 2 pentax with the green af assist lights. and for sure 3 or 4 Sonys and the US team had one guy with an R1 !

The funny thing was there was a guy there with a Sony. older maybe an A200 that had a Dynax strap on it like what David had sold on this site! ( I use that strap myself) he was with the Swedish team the only other branded strap was a Canon EOS strap.

Just saw a CD mavica too.
bossel
Viceroy

Re: Vancouver olympics opening

Unread post by bossel »

Straparazzi! :mrgreen:
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Hey look 4 arms ;)
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Been watching some of the games, especially the snowboarders and the artistic skaters. The Olympics are spinning nicely except for the sad news of one of the competitors that was killed while training before the games were on.

Nice image WestCoast! :)

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

WestCoast wrote:Apparently they were hitting 5-G’s on that turn which made it difficult for manoeuvring the sled.

Here are the rings as seen from my place.
Yes, that makes me think of the G-force the astronauts had to go under when launching the space shuttles...

:) You have a good spot to yourself. The rings and their reflections are dreamy in the dark of the night...the floating rings of colourful lights. Much like a message board for the aliens of outer space...

Enjoy the Olympics!

Yildiz