I hear she upgraded from Nikon!

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
Juanito200
Viceroy

I hear she upgraded from Nikon!

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Ok, I cheated a little with this one. Not exactly captive, but not exactly a free range Alpha either.. Emma with my a200 at a jazz festival Saturday, trying out something better than her little Nikon P&S. John
Attachments
emma and the alpha resize.jpg
(202.59 KiB) Downloaded 4267 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: I hear she upgraded from Nikon!

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Cute. How is she liking it?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great pic John! With a vertical grip as well - she looks very professional :D If you're not careful she'll be wanting the A700 next.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Kevin- Emma really enjoyed using the a200. She is eager to try the 30mm f2.8 macro for some flower shots. And, to tell the truth, I think she got a kick from all the stares she got having such a large camera slung around her neck!
Birma- When Emma first saw the a700 with its remote, she immediately had visions of covert photography of big brother!

John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Looks like A700 to me.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Dr. Harout wrote:Looks like A700 to me.
In her little hands, it does look a lot larger than an a200. Those first Alphas did look a lot more alike than they do now.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Juanito200
Viceroy

Very true Kevin- It was quite a beast in her tiny little hands. (and I don't yet have a VG for the a700) I think one of the newer bodies would be better for her... She is keen to get a new camera- She tried my a700 on for size today- even with just the 30mm f2.8- it was just too big. John
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice cheating, John!

Definitely makes spotting Emma difficult though... :D

So, is she getting her wish? Will Daddy John grant her a wish?

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Yildiz- I don't know about the DSLR. She wants her own laptop as well... And tons of clothes!! :wink: John