I cheated

Alpha systems snapped in the wild - no captive photographs please, only genuine wild free roaming Alpha users!
Forum rules
If you photograph someone with an Alpha and intend to post the picture here, please try to let them know about photoclubalpha - and ask permission to post the photograph
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

I cheated

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Here are two images of other Alpha users. The first image - of an A330 user - was taken yesterday. The second image - of an A700 user - was taken last week. However, I have to admit that these are not exactly random examples of other Alpha users - I cheated at least a little bit.

The first image is of my daughter-in-law using the A330 that I gave her for her birthday about a year and a half ago. This image was taken at the party for her son's second birthday.

The second image is of my son-in-law using the A700 that I gave him for his birthday about 8 months ago. This image was taken at his house during the Christmas holidays while his kids and my son's boy were enjoying their gifts. FWIW, I have several other shots of him with the camera in which the A700 logo is very visible, but I prefer this shot for the other content.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Attachments
Alpha Spotting-1.jpg
(165.68 KiB) Downloaded 2621 times
Alpha Spotting-2.jpg
(164 KiB) Downloaded 2621 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: I cheated

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Tom - the pictures are no worse for being taken of captive subjects arther than being out in the wild :lol: . So is it an entire alpha branded family or do you have any renegades?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Re: I cheated

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Birma wrote:Hi Tom - the pictures are no worse for being taken of captive subjects rather than being out in the wild :lol: . So is it an entire alpha branded family or do you have any renegades?
We have multiple renegades in the family - including myself. My "shirtpocket" digital camera is a Fuji, my wife's P&S is a Kodak, and my granddaughters use P&S digital cameras branded by HP. However, before they moved to another state, the older granddaughter took some amazingly well composed shots with my Minolta A2 when she was only six, and she is now allowed to use her father's A100 on request. (I suspect that he became more open to this after he got the A700.)

In the past, my daughter used a HP P&S, but now she normally takes snapshots with her high-end cell phone, or shoots family videos with a small camcorder. (Even further in the past, my daughter used the Minolta X-700 and lenses that I gave her, but she has now become completely digitized. :shock: )

With best wishes,
- Tom -