Microscope adapter

All the funky stuff which turns your 550 gramme DSLR into a 5 kilo bag...
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Microscope adapter

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Does anybody know of a microscope adapter for A-mount?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Microscope adapter

Unread post by aster »

Dr. Harout wrote:Does anybody know of a microscope adapter for A-mount?
Which is something I'm interested also. I do remember a member of the forum doing microscopic photography who came and shared some info after acquiring a tool/accessory for that kind of work almost a year ago (when I first registered here )but he never showed up on the forums again since..

Yildiz
Tony Meredith
Initiate

Unread post by Tony Meredith »

aster wrote:
Dr. Harout wrote:Does anybody know of a microscope adapter for A-mount?
Which is something I'm interested also. I do remember a member of the forum doing microscopic photography who came and shared some info after acquiring a tool/accessory for that kind of work almost a year ago (when I first registered here )but he never showed up on the forums again since..

Yildiz
Yildiz, maybe it is me that you refer to, although i have been around the forums since i first posted about the microscope work. Maybe it was another poster that had some more useful information.

I wish i knew how to post a link to another thread, but i don't, so there is a thread which i started called "need help using microscope with A350" or something similar somewhere in the dslr system section of the forum. There is not much useful info there other than that i was able to use the A350 on a microscope using a T mount adapter for alpha mount.

Getting good exposures was a challenge at first, but with some effort i was able to get some decent results. I was using a Wild microscope, and the sensor of the A350 was well beyond the resolution of the optics. I also have access to Nikon and Olympus microscopes with trinocular heads but i have yet to try these. We also recently acquired a compound microscope with phase contrast, so i will try this also when time allows.

Depth of field is a big issue, so very careful focusing is required. We have microscopes mounted on solid steel pedestals which bolt directly to concrete foundations to minimise vibrations. Even then vibrations can be a problem if a truck drives past or similar.

So, still not much useful info here, but the adapter does exist. Hope this helps a little bit.

Tony

Ps. I'll be away from civilisation for the next 3 or 4 days, but if any further questions i'll do my best when i get home.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

SRB-Griturn, stock item:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/close-up-pho ... -307-c.asp

Microscope adaptor. We've got one, had it for many years.

David
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Tony Meredith wrote:...I'll be away from civilisation for the next 3 or 4 days...
Lucky you and have a good time.
BTW, I use the word "Syphilis-ation" which I think is more appropriate. :wink:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr