Shoulder Straps?

All the funky stuff which turns your 550 gramme DSLR into a 5 kilo bag...
Old Hydro
Initiate

Shoulder Straps?

Unread post by Old Hydro »

Replacement Shoulder Straps: Does anyone have experience and recommendations with straps that are better then the stock version Sony ships?

Most of the time the stock strap seems ok with a light lens -- I'm using an A850 -- but if I use a heavy lens like the old Minolta 28-135 zoom the strap cuts into my shoulder. I was thinking getting the Sony strap with quick release tabs and the wider strap. has anyone tried this one?

A passing check of other vendors didn't turn up anything better then the Sony strap.
Winston
Grand Caliph

Re: Shoulder Straps?

Unread post by Winston »

I comfortably carry my A700/SAL70400G rig on five-mile walks. I use a Black Rapid strap attached to the lens' tripod mount.
Winston Mitchell
KM7D, A700, A77, A77M2, A7M3
roysmith
Heirophant

Re: Shoulder Straps?

Unread post by roysmith »

I use a Tamrac N-5055 made of thick neoprene. It's a lot more confortable than the Sony's but the quick-release buckles are plastic and make an annoying noise when making contact with the camera body. I'm looking for a better solution but didn't find any so far, so I'm sticking with the Tamrac for now.
BTW I saw a couple of nice looking (and inexpensive) chinese straps on dinodirect.com or focalprice.com (can't remeber exactly on which one) which are made of neoprene but doesn't have any kind of quick release bluckles... I may order one to give it a try.