Mini big portable Studio ...

All the funky stuff which turns your 550 gramme DSLR into a 5 kilo bag...
InTheSky
Viceroy

Mini big portable Studio ...

Unread post by InTheSky »

In the engineering world, there is a lot of realization who has to be took in picture.

Good example are from the company I'm working for. We are building Custom test station to automated almost any kind of testing for product. Mainly high technology up to very basic. Most of the phone you are using, are tested by some of our product.

So just to probably give some idea to some people out there and at the same time to received comment or amelioration from pro, here is a presentation of my actual setup:

http://www.pbase.com/nadeauf/portable_setup

Some picture of it :

The main challenge for me is to isolate the station in a White environment in most of the time very short place. The test station are most of the time to heavy to be move, so I have to put the white floor in piece around it. This station is a Small one ;-).

SORRY TO HIDE THE SUBJECT, this station is sold to a customer, so this information is confidential.

Everything has to be portable and movable in Subway or small walk from the car.

Lab where the final tweak are done before to ship

View of the final setup (ust the flash on the floor in the front are usually kicking the left side of the back drop).

P.S. We are looking for good engineer searching for new challenge. We have office in Mountain View/California , Atlanta , Hungary, Mexico , Toronto and Montreal. Future office in China very soon. On my team I'm looking for C# dev with experience if possible in Manufacturing and National Instrument Teststand. On other team we need Hardware, electrical, embedded (C++, ...), software (C++, Labview). Feel free to ask me any question about the opportunities.

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Mini big portable Studio ...

Unread post by bakubo »

Nice photo setup you got there. The lab reminds me of places I worked years ago.
InTheSky wrote:On my team I'm looking for C# dev with experience if possible in Manufacturing and National Instrument Teststand. On other team we need Hardware, electrical, embedded (C++, ...), software (C++, Labview).
Funny that you mention National Instruments. Back in 1981 I took a job there as a software engineer when there were less than 20 employees. I worked there until 1984. They are still around and a tad larger. Jeff Kodosky, my boss, was just starting to work on Labview when I left.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

bakubo wrote:Nice photo setup you got there. The lab reminds me of places I worked years ago.
InTheSky wrote:On my team I'm looking for C# dev with experience if possible in Manufacturing and National Instrument Teststand. On other team we need Hardware, electrical, embedded (C++, ...), software (C++, Labview).
Funny that you mention National Instruments. Back in 1981 I took a job there as a software engineer when there were less than 20 employees. I worked there until 1984. They are still around and a tad larger. Jeff Kodosky, my boss, was just starting to work on Labview when I left.

I don't know if this is the good expression in English, but : The world is always small . :-)

Averna is now the most certified Company for Labview and Nationnal Instrument Teststand. We are integrating a lot of solution with PXI too. We are working closely with the company. Nice to know that now I know people from the start of this company ;-).

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

InTheSky wrote:I don't know if this is the good expression in English, but : The world is always small . :-)

Averna is now the most certified Company for Labview and Nationnal Instrument Teststand. We are integrating a lot of solution with PXI too. We are working closely with the company. Nice to know that now I know people from the start of this company ;-).
In English we would usually say it's a small world. :) And, yes, it is! The products National Instruments makes are not your typical consumer goods, but are used by engineers in companies and universities all over the world to design products, etc.
DrScottNicol
Oligarch

Unread post by DrScottNicol »

I took a slight dislike to Labview when a contractor delivered us an interface for monitoring cells that was all decked out in 'fisher price' buttons and pastel colours - when I asked if she could rewrite it to make it look a little more 'windows' like, she said that this was actually the default for labview software and rewriting to my spec would be a big job. Imagine my surprise when a NEW contractor came along, asked why it looked like that and then proceeded to convert it to something much closer to what I'd asked in basically overnight!. Since then its grown on me but still can't get that first piece of software out of my head - it hurt my eyes :-).

Nice portable studio set up by the way, Frank.

Scott
Sony NEX 5n (IR Conversion) / Nex 5r / a55 / NEX 6 / Dynax 7 / a77 user

http://www.SNICOLPHOTOS.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drsnicol