SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card

All the funky stuff which turns your 550 gramme DSLR into a 5 kilo bag...
motor
Heirophant

SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card

Unread post by motor »

Is anyone using the new cards from sony "16GB SDHC UHS-1 Memory Cards." They say 94MS on it. I know they are not exactly new but the newest they make. I have been using the extreme III and love them but they are only 30MS. I need 2 more 16GB cards. Been happy with 30 is there a huge difference? The price is about the same so I figured go with the 94MS instead. I'd like to stay SD cards so I can easily transfer the cards to the iPad. I use the iPad on trips and having 3 different USB "butterfly" connections on the 580, nex and underwater cybershot and the new action cam is making for a pain to remember every cable and so forth. I just wish sony would make a DUO to SD adapter that would slide into the MBP or IPAD camera kit. I think if I shoot SD card in 580 and nex, take the cable for the cybershot and use the MiniSD adapter to MS card I will only need one cable to transfer to iPad. So SD is the way for me I think.

Anyone using the SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card-94MS? Or do you prefer the Duo's/stick?

Motor
johnstra
Heirophant

Re: SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card

Unread post by johnstra »

Sandisk Exteme Pro are 95 MB/s. I have one of these for the A77. I don't often take action pictures but when I do this card makes a big difference. the buffer clears very promptly. My other cards are 30MB/s - they were much cheaper and work perfectly well for other purposes. But if the Sony 94 MB/s is as cheap as the 30 why would you buy the 30?

Bob
Bob Johnston
motor
Heirophant

Re: SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card

Unread post by motor »

I agree John. I guess my main question was the performance of the sony 94 MB/s. After doing some research and speaking and talking with a couple sales people at adorama I decided to stay with the sandisk instead of sony and get the 95's. I had a really good deal buy one get one free on sony's 94 cards but the sony 94's are only writing at the speed of 45MB/s where as the sandisk is writing at 90MB/s. That is almost 2 times faster. I have been very happy with the extreme III and sandisk as a whole. The deal would have been 2 sony 94's for the same price as two sandisks 30MB/s. So I agree with you and am going to stay with the sandisk but spend a bit more and buy the 95mb/s. I purchased them off amazon and got a pretty good deal. Not as good as sony's card as in price but you get what you pay for.

Thanks for your input

Moater