NEX conference full transcription

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

NEX conference full transcription

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You need a bit of stamina to read this, and Shirley needed considerably more to transcribe it from my recording, which featured coughs, bumps, people pouring water, loud music, and often rather muffled speakers:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2010/05/1 ... scription/

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: NEX conference full transcription

Unread post by bakubo »

David Kilpatrick wrote:You need a bit of stamina to read this, and Shirley needed considerably more to transcribe it from my recording, which featured coughs, bumps, people pouring water, loud music, and often rather muffled speakers
Shirley must be an amazing woman! I'll tell you, in order to get me to do that you would have probably had to give me a brand new A900 + CZ 24-70mm. :) I don't come cheap. :lol: I think you owe her big time! :)

Shirley, thanks for all the hard work!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yeah I agree, I can imagine how difficult that would have been, great job Shirley.
Greg
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

With apologies to Charles Dickens . . .

"Greater love hath no woman . . . "

With best wishes,
- Tom -

PS
I know - I should be ashamed of myself, but I also love puns. What can I say in my defense?
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Well, half way through she was cursing me. I had placed the Zoom recorder facing the wrong way, so the speakers were a bit muted, and every fart and shuffle from the journos was amplified to the max :-)

Shirley is an extremely fast keyboarder and runs commentaries on popular TV programs, which she types in real-time as they are shown, and a large number of people follow these. She has been invited to go to the official 'Coach Trip' reunion party, because the producers and participants know she has been the most comprehensive summary writer, but we are away abroad on the date so she can't.

So far this has not been 'monetized' but she's aiming for that - she has a better reputation than many of the national newspaper TV commentary official blogs.

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote:You need a bit of stamina to read this, and Shirley needed considerably more to transcribe it from my recording, which featured coughs, bumps, people pouring water, loud music, and often rather muffled speakers:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2010/05/1 ... scription/

David
But, there is an APP for that!
BTW, thank you very much for sharing this information with us.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Winedarksea
Heirophant

Unread post by Winedarksea »

UrsaMajor wrote:With apologies to Charles Dickens . . .

With best wishes,
- Tom -

PS
I know - I should be ashamed of myself, but I also love puns. What can I say in my defense?

Tom: The Dickens attribution troubled me, so I googled "greater love hath no . . . ." It's from the King James version, John, ch. 15. v. 13: "greater love hath no man . . . ."

Of course Shirley is to be thanked profusely by all for persevering to give us this--as ever.

Now please clue me in as to where Dickens utilized this Biblical phrase. I haven't read Dickens in many a year, and need to.

Dulaney
Alpha 700, SAL 50 f1.4, SAL 18-250, SAL 85 f1.4 ZA
rogprov
Oligarch

Unread post by rogprov »

Thanks very much for that excellent piece of work David - I found it most interesting and your comments on the NEX enlightening.

Roger
Roger
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Winedarksea wrote:

With best wishes,
- Tom -

PS
Tom: The Dickens attribution troubled me, so I googled "greater love hath no . . . ." It's from the King James version, John, ch. 15. v. 13: "greater love hath no man . . . ."

Of course Shirley is to be thanked profusely by all for persevering to give us this--as ever.

Now please clue me in as to where Dickens utilized this Biblical phrase. I haven't read Dickens in many a year, and need to.
<Slaps hand on forehead !>

Well, I have to admit that my memory has tricked me,. My only defense is that it is over 50 years since I read "A Tale of Two Cities". I managed to confuse "It is a far, far better thing I do . . ." with the biblical quotation - and did not realize that I had done so until you remarked that "Greater love . . ." comes from the Bible, at which time I went "Duh . . ".

I think that the basic sentiment is very similar, but the source and the actual words are not.

<Hangs head in embarrassment>

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Thanks a lot to Shirley. It needs a lot of patience.
May I suggest an "encore" for the A7xx launch? :mrgreen:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Winedarksea
Heirophant

Unread post by Winedarksea »

UrsaMajor wrote:
Winedarksea wrote:

I think that the basic sentiment is very similar, but the source and the actual words are not.

<Hangs head in embarrassment>

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ah, no need for embarrassment--otherwise we'd all be walking arounf embarassed all the time! What counted was the sentiment.

Dulaney
Alpha 700, SAL 50 f1.4, SAL 18-250, SAL 85 f1.4 ZA