Sony conference

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Sony conference

Unread post by pakodominguez »

bfitzgerald wrote:Sony changed the focal length used to make the GN look more impressive.
As said in reality the new 58 flash actually has less power than the old 56 one. And the 42 has only an increase of GN 1 over the older 36 model and not an increase of GN 6 as you might think.
DK did a test (that didn't included the 58 because it just came out) here you can read his results:
http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/ ... age/144821
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well Barry was correct, looks like Sony rated the F58 at the 105 zoom setting, but what we don't know is is that 105 rated for APS-C or FF, I'd say at a guess it would be FF, it would be a first for a flash too be rated for APS-C I think. Actually I never really paid much serious attention too the F58, good as it undoubtedly is, (but a tad pricey) I already have a number of flash units.
Greg
Edgars L
Acolyte

Unread post by Edgars L »

NEX-7 ???
Is it at least mentioned in Photokina?

SAR or "Crystal globe" incorrectly predicted: Nex7 would come out along with GH2. Now Pany did announcement of 1080/60p GH2, where is Sony prototype?
OneGuyKs

Unread post by OneGuyKs »

Edgars L wrote:NEX-7 ???
Is it at least mentioned in Photokina?

SAR or "Crystal globe" incorrectly predicted: Nex7 would come out along with GH2. Now Pany did announcement of 1080/60p GH2, where is Sony prototype?
They made no such prediction. In fact for the past two months they have been saying there would be no additional cameras at Photokina (other than Axx/A5x).