NEX firmware upgrade functions in full

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

NEX firmware upgrade functions in full

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Paul Genge kindly helped me write down all the new functions provided by the NEX firmware upgrade:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2010/09/2 ... s-in-full/

David
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: NEX firmware upgrade functions in full

Unread post by pakodominguez »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Paul Genge kindly helped me write down all the new functions provided by the NEX firmware upgrade:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/2010/09/2 ... s-in-full/

"In the meantime, Carl Zeiss filled their stand with Sony bodies ro demonstrate CZ lenses – their own stand staff were using NEX-5 (on guy had a 35mm Biogon fitted) and for demonstration, both A55 and A900 were fitted with the new 24mm f/2 CZ, NEX was fitted with 16-80mm, A900 with 135mm f/1.8 – and many more combinations."
Sony got more shares from Carl Zeiss?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

You confirm my initial tough when I was the E-Mount, It has the size for full frame sensor ! YES ! Now I just has to go to my cryogenic chamber and set and email alert to wake me up, I will give you the email, he he.

Good question David, and how is Koln ?

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Köln in sunshine and 25°C is very pleasant indeed. Right up to last night, we were sitting outside a Thai restaurant on the old town rivefront when a thunderstorm arrived. We were OK, under an awning and an umbrella, lots of people were soaked before they could move inside (and of course some could not move inside). It was still raining this morning, and the taxi drivers did well out of us last night getting to the hotel, and today to the airport.

We had 2 days of the weekend to ourselves, and visited the Lindt Chocolate Museum (truly excellent 'experience' to do), took a short Rhine boat trip, and visited the zoo and aquarium, as well as walking round the city. But the weather was dull, it stayed dry but not much good light. Then on Monday when the press conferences started it was warmer, and began to brighten up. When the show opened properly on Tuesday it was like midsummer.

At the end of out time, out last appointment wsas Paul Genge. By then we had done every hall and most twice, and if we had missed important bits, it was because they were unhelpful. So after seeing Paul, we walked to the Rheingarten end of the seilbahn (cable car) over the Rhine and crossed the river that way while it was still sunny. We had planned to spend an hour walking round the botanical gardens (free) but getting to the seilbahn was very difficult and involved about 45 minutes walk even though it is in sight of the exhibition halls. There's a main line railway between! So we were pretty worn out and weighed down with bags too.

But overall, I would recommend Köln as a place just to visit for enjoyment anyway, in good weather. It has a great atmosphere and when there is no trade fair in the Messe, it's relatively cheap.

David