NEX VG10 and Mamiya 80 mm lens

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

NEX VG10 and Mamiya 80 mm lens

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

I found this link on the Mamiya website. This story is of interest to me, because I'm looking for a Mamiya lens adapter to pair my Mamiya 645 lenses to a Sony DSLR.
I determined from my readings that the Novoflex adapters may be the best, but the adapters cost $600+. Fotodiox doesn't have a Mamiya lens adapter for the A-mount, but Fotodiox does various lens adapters for the E-mount. I think the Sony manual focus check live view may be a more accurate way to manually focus a Mamiya 645 lens, than with a glass pentaprism OVF. I wish Fotodiox will make such a Mamiya lens adapter in 2011.

http://blog.americanpeyote.com/2010/12/ ... 80mm-f2-8/
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: NEX VG10 and Mamiya 80 mm lens

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

If you are going to use these lenses, then you should invest in a tilt-shift adaptor for maximum versatility. The Novoflex price you quote sounds like tilt-shift. MIRAX made a Mamiya tilt or shift, not sure about a combined one, for Alpha. It should be even easier to get one for NEX.

David
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

David:

I was not mistaken. I am quoting a price from the manufacturer and B&H; it's $606.
That price is for the Mamiya ring adapter ($487) and the Alpha mount adapter. You need two adapters to mount a Mamiya 645 lens to a Sony DSLR or NEX. You also need the Mamiya ring adapter to mount the lens on any non-Mamiya camera. It's an outrageous price for machined peices of metal, without any moveable parts. I'm guessing that a Mamiya licensing fee must be part of the cost. I'm sure that a Novoflex tilt-shift adapter would be much pricier.
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I saw many adaptors at photokina and there is no issue with licensing. Russian adaptors (or rather, Ukrainian, as that country is not even vaguely Russian despite history!) could be your answer. Your should be able to to manage this for the cost of the LA-EA1 (essential anyway) and about $80.

See this - it's what you need, not the stupid priced dumb Voigtlander model:

http://www.mirex-adapter.de/tilt_shift_adapter.htm

David