Videos with NEX cameras ...

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
InTheSky
Viceroy

Videos with NEX cameras ...

Unread post by InTheSky »

Video simply done with Sony Vegas + Sony Nex5 samples taken in holiday at my chalet in the Boreal forest of Quebec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8KUw0evgg

** UPDATE LINK ** : http://vimeo.com/31000288

Frank
Last edited by InTheSky on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Vdeo with nex5

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Very nice Frank. There were scenes when you accelerated the video as I noticed, mind you NEX is not waterproof specially when shooting from a boat :wink:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks for sharing, Frank. :D

There were some parts where I wondered how you managed to shoot the video...

I liked the soundtrack management as well; killing the music towards the end to make the nature speak for itself is a bright idea, especially as that sandpiper (?) makes for a very iinteresting subject to trail the video to a finalé.

Yildiz
InTheSky
Viceroy

Dr. Harout wrote:Very nice Frank. There were scenes when you accelerated the video as I noticed, mind you NEX is not waterproof specially when shooting from a boat :wink:
Nothing is accelerate, all is raw video only in fading fade out with the Sony Vegas. There is some part where I allow to do some little software panning. Unfortunately compress video don't like when there is too much movement in the water, so probably this is where is feel faster ... .

From the boat, I have taken the risk to put the nex about few inches from the water :-), but the risk paid, at that time I didn't had the 18-55mm OSS, so with the 16mm 2.8 there is a lot of shake.

I'm going today at my chalet for a week, so I hope to bring you some other video sequence and make an another video.

Frank
Frank
InTheSky
Viceroy

NEW one about blueberry

Here is one I manage to do at night over the week. ... It is still not perfect... but the base is there.

Again, only Sony Nex5 and Vegas software involved in this PP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbnAZBAYuXg

** UPDATE LINK ** : http://vimeo.com/30989008

Now, I'm working on one about apple :-) following other family activity where I got some scenes.

Frank
Last edited by InTheSky on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Frank
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Video with nex5

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

First view and first Like from me. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great video Frank - I am so hungry now :D - where am I going to find a blueberry pie at this time of night ?!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
InTheSky
Viceroy

EXTREME Low light movie situation.

Instead of only taking picture in my small event music ... I have start taking some video footage. So here is a the result. The video in long (~45minutes) and the Sony Nex 5 never told me that it was too hot to continue (the video is long also to give maximum of video for the band that was there).

LINK: http://vimeo.com/31668301

Enjoy :-).

Right at the beginning of the movie, take a look at the weird rectangle flare effect due to the Sony adapter not really designed for F1.2 lenses :-) (but after F2.8 usually you don't see the effect).

Frank
Frank
InTheSky
Viceroy

Apple video :-)

Here is the final version of my Family apple afternoon.

LINK : http://vimeo.com/32051123

Some rolling shutter effect due to too much movement ... but the result is still acceptable for family movie :-).

Regards,

Now ... in a few weeks ... Autumn movie ... (hope I will complete it before Xmas :-) ).

Frank
Last edited by InTheSky on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank
InTheSky
Viceroy

Friday one of my friend bought a Sony NEX 5N. I had the chance on the weekend to play with it. I was not sure if this can be a good step from the NEX 5 .. and yes it is. The most change is for the Movie -> NO STRANGE CROP ANYMORE ... :-) I was a little bit jealous ... to see the on the NEX 5N the Wide angle adapter is very wide :-(. But probably the good news is that the NEX 7 will do the same. The huge other change is the shutter sound, but this is not important in video. I was there when he bought the camera and at the store I verify the camera was not doing the Click sound and confirmation there is not.

The bad news is that the two fake battery I'm using on the NEX 5, are not compatible on the NEX 5N, so be aware is you expect to use them on your new purchase.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

InTheSky wrote above
The bad news is that the two fake battery I'm using on the NEX 5, are not compatible on the NEX 5N, so be aware is you expect to use them on your new purchase.
I am afraid I am also a user of "fake" batteries on my NEX-5 and plan to purchase a NEX-7 in the spring so I would welcome any postings on third party batteries that work (or don't work) on NEX-5N or NEX-7. Thanks in advance.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

InTheSky wrote:Apple video :-)

Here is the final version of my Family apple afternoon.

LINK : http://vimeo.com/32051123
I really enjoyed this video Frank :D . From tree to pie - yummy! How did you capture the shots where the camera seemed to be floating above the tree top? Did you use some sort of boom such as DK uses?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Birma wrote: How did you capture the shots where the camera seemed to be floating above the tree top? Did you use some sort of boom such as DK uses?
I use a high complex technology created milions years ago names : arm :-). I'm just always trying to film thinking not generating too much vibration.

Some time, If this is not too much alterating the video, I'm using the Stabilized option in Sony Vegas to reduce small shack (but be aware that in some situation it scraps the scene).

Regards,

Frank
Frank
InTheSky
Viceroy

Here is a series of different Macro video I have took so far with the NEX 5 and the NEX 7.

This is a long video ... but for the moment it is the uncut version of a future one better optimized :-)

LINK : https://vimeo.com/46926838

Enjoy ! :)

Frank
Frank