LA-EA2-like adapter for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc. lenses?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: LA-EA2-like adapter for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc. lenses?

Unread post by bakubo »

classiccameras wrote:Not sure A 6500 IBIS will work on any lens, as the sensor is not a mechanical IBIS like Olympus, its an electronic system that may need to recognise the lens fitted, early reports are already suggesting it may not be as efficient as the Olympus or Sony A mount system, We will have to wait and see.
I didn't know that. Electronic stabilization, huh? Like some video cameras?

By the way, the other IBIS cameras also need to know the focal length of the lens in order to work properly. If it is a lens that doesn't communicate that info to the body (old manual focus lens, etc.) then they provide a menu option to set the focal length for the IBIS system to use. Are you saying the A6500 is somehow different?
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

The simple answer is I don't know,
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

I am interested in where these "early reports" are coming from. It may be illuminating. Very few people outside of Sony have had any real access to either late pre-production or production cameras.

This not some sort of oblique attack on Olympus as I think the about (perhaps) to be released Olympus OM-D1 II looks to be an interesting camera. Especially if used with the new 12-100 and the 300 when coupled with the present or replacement 40-150 or 12-40 lenses. The performance with the latest software should be good enough for most self-financed working pro's, as well as easier to transport for a one man/woman operation. Unless of course you are servicing the mural size fine art or advertising market.

I said replacement for the 12-40 zoom lens as it does have a weakness when mounted to a camera and is handled without due care. Also Olympus is touting new glass/lens coating formulations for its latest lenses, so some of the older lenses may need a makeover to remain in the buying public's mind as high performing lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Fotodiox introduces full automatic Nikon to Sony E adapter

https://www.dpreview.com/news/406359454 ... -e-adapter
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

The initial batch seem to have sold out quickly although you never can be sure how large an initial batch of most things is going to be.

Now that there are several adapters that do a decent job of converting Canon EF lenses, then there needs to be a number of Nikon converters for the other half. One or even two can leave those interested wondering, but when you get to three or more then that makes people rather more comfortable.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

That sounds very promising and worth a look, it may be just the kick up the butt Sony need.