Argos claim in stock for NEX-7

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Argos claim in stock for NEX-7

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I have sent them my order and await their non-communication and non-delivery - or a very considerable surprise. Argos's system is usually reliable and they claim in stock status both for the NEX-7 body and NEX-7 with 18-55mm Black lens kit. They claim delivery by Nov 21st (or contact to fix delivery date before that date).

I'll believe it when a NEX-7 drops through the letterbox.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: Argos claim in stock for NEX-7

Unread post by InTheSky »

Good dream :-)

It is still writen in my sonystyle account that I should received my camera Last Monday... :-(

That will probably be crazy when first person will received the NEX-7 and post that on Internet ... Jealous situation will become world wide ... (why not me situation ... :-) )

Hope you will be one off the first to give us your incredible review.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

Some small quantities of Nex7 reached retailers in Moscow, Russia yesterday night. AFAIK, nobody got more than three pieces. All went immediately to preorders. Next delivery said to be expected Wed next week.

You may consider this first-hand info.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Argos called today to say there had been a flood in Thailand.... bla bla bla.... they had no cameras. They charged my credit card £1000+ on November 11th. They have been asked to refund IMMEDIATELY as when I ordered, I knew perfectly well there had been floods in Thailand - but they said they had stock!

David
Heidfirst
Oligarch

Unread post by Heidfirst »

was in a camera shop last week approx. 1 week after Paul Genge had visited.
Supposedly as of then there were 5 NEX-7s in the UK, all with Sony UK in some capacity or other (samples etc.).
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

David,

That Argos may be planning to add an insult to the injury. Chances are, they will be shipping cameras to the new customers by the time they finally have refunded your account.

My thinking goes like that - they return to the Nex7 matters now for some reason, there might have been some recent changes as production have recently resumed in Thailand; the old ordering customers may now have serious claims about late delivery, while the new customers would be receiving their orders in a timely fashion, so it's easier for Argos to cancel and refund the old orders and then start taking new orders.

Taking the money back from them now would simply deliver them from any further responsibilities. I think that would be too kind to them!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Five NEX 7s sounds about right. I handled two or three different ones on their launch day. All are marked as prototypes and none had the correct firmware embedded to be identified as a NEX-7 in metadata. They may have a couple more which are more recent.

David
OneGuyKs

Unread post by OneGuyKs »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Five NEX 7s sounds about right. I handled two or three different ones on their launch day. All are marked as prototypes and none had the correct firmware embedded to be identified as a NEX-7 in metadata. They may have a couple more which are more recent.

David
Most reviewers in the US have the Nex-7 with the final firmware for more than a month now (DPReview, IR, Syevehuff and DCresources who already reviewed it, LuminousLandscape etc).
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

It is confirm :-( Sonystyle just called me and my Nex 7 will not arrived at home before January. The camera was part of my Xmas gift ...

Sony asked me if I wanted to cancel or not my order, I said that I will still waiting. By answering that, Sony give me a 100$ reduction on my next Sonystyle purchase. So there is strong chance that I will buy a NEX 5N for the waiting time.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )