Need a Case for the Nex Flash Attachment

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
Birma
Tower of Babel

Need a Case for the Nex Flash Attachment

Unread post by Birma »

As you'll know if you're a Nex 3 or 5 owner, the small attachable flash comes with a case that neatly sits on the camera strap so you can have the flash with you, without having it attached to the camera body. Due to my own clumsiness I have broken the original case (luckily the flash was attached to the camera at the time), and I'd like to get a replacement. It does not appear to be a common Nex accessory. Any ideas?

On a related topic, I think I have to replace the original camera strap. This is just the latest in a series of mishaps from using the camera on a tripod with the neck strap left flapping about :oops: . Any recommendations for camera straps that can be quickly removed such as when you want to use the camera on a tripod?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mvanrheenen

Re: Need a Case for the Nex Flash Attachment

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Errr, flashcase? That's what you get from buying second had. I didn't get a case for the flash with my Nex3! Oh well.

I can't advise on a case for you, but however can for a strap. Although a bit expensive, the Black Rapid strap has, or can be combined with a quick release if I'm not mistaken. That way, you can get the camera of you tripoc and around your neck in no time, or leave the camera around your neck while mounted.

Mark
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

mvanrheenen wrote:Errr, flashcase? That's what you get from buying second had. I didn't get a case for the flash with my Nex3! Oh well.
Its a neat little way of carrying the flash, or it was. I think it is too cheap an item to make it worth stocking as an accessory and so I suspect that is the last I shall see of one :(
mvanrheenen wrote:I can't advise on a case for you, but however can for a strap. Although a bit expensive, the Black Rapid strap has, or can be combined with a quick release if I'm not mistaken. That way, you can get the camera of you tripoc and around your neck in no time, or leave the camera around your neck while mounted.
Good tip - just googled the the Black Rapid quick release system and it looks interesting - thanks Mark :) !
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Exactly! Well done Zeb.
Wonder how I know. For the last couple of weeks a Sony NEX-5 with 18-55 is with me. No, it's not mine. Have to give it back.
Impressions: good for the pocket. Full stop.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Ah - fabulous - thank you Zeb ! :D I failed miserably to find that item on eBay. I should have tried Minolta Mania as he often has stuff like this. Quite pricey, but better than losing the flash and having to replace it.
Dr. Harout wrote:Wonder how I know. For the last couple of weeks a Sony NEX-5 with 18-55 is with me. No, it's not mine. Have to give it back. Impressions: good for the pocket. Full stop.
I'm glad you've had the opportunity to try it Doc, but I sense you're not impressed. I suppose your time with the A77 has set your expectations higher :) . Was it the user interface or the lack of EVF/OVF which was the biggest problem?
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Birma wrote: I'm glad you've had the opportunity to try it Doc, but I sense you're not impressed. I suppose your time with the A77 has set your expectations higher :) . Was it the user interface or the lack of EVF/OVF which was the biggest problem?
I guess it's both.
Comparing the UI of NEX-5 with that of a77, or a700 or a100 (which I have used or am using on a regular basis) leaves a lot to be desired. e.g. A feature that I use a lot (and I mean a lot) is the AF/MF button which lacks on the NEX-5.
Not having a viewfinder is very uncomfortable.
But on the other hand having one in your pocket could do wonders.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Birma wrote: Good tip - just googled the the Black Rapid quick release system and it looks interesting - thanks Mark :) !
Glad I could help :-)
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Dr. Harout wrote:Well done Zeb.
Birma wrote:Ah - fabulous - thank you Zeb ! :D
Don't mention it, glad to have been of assistance :D

/Zeb!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2