nex 5n and la ea 2

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

nex 5n and la ea 2

Unread post by gio67 »

I have this adaptor for my nex 5, the dilemna I am now faced with is, I am buying the sigma 30mm f2.8, should I buy it in the A mount or the E mount,
I buy it in the A mount, I get to use it with my a700 and a380 but lose the pocketability as I would then need the LA EA2 to use it, I'm leaning towards the E mount but open to suggestions
jeep1
Initiate

Re: nex 5n and la ea 2

Unread post by jeep1 »

Sigma surely only have a 30mm f1.4 lens in A mount, which is nearly 3 times the price of the excellent 30mm f2.8 E mount lens. I personally hate the bulk (and mirror) the LA-EA2 brings.
I've found the Sigma 19mm and 30mm E mount to be very good and have the form factor that is just right on my NEX-7. I'm wondering if Sigma actually designed the optics of these two lenses for their new APS-C Foveon chipped DP1 and DP2 Merrill cameras - that are getting people excited on image quality.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Re: nex 5n and la ea 2

Unread post by gio67 »

jeep1 wrote:Sigma surely only have a 30mm f1.4 lens in A mount, which is nearly 3 times the price of the excellent 30mm f2.8 E mount lens. I personally hate the bulk (and mirror) the LA-EA2 brings.
I've found the Sigma 19mm and 30mm E mount to be very good and have the form factor that is just right on my NEX-7. I'm wondering if Sigma actually designed the optics of these two lenses for their new APS-C Foveon chipped DP1 and DP2 Merrill cameras - that are getting people excited on image quality.
thats decided it, as for the LA EA2 I use it as part of a system, if I'm taking my lenses with me then I use it, if not then I have a pocketable (only just) camera