Now the excited owner of the NEX-6

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: Now the excited owner of the NEX-6

Unread post by alphaomega »

However, image quality is surprisingly poor from my Nex6. I used LEA2 along with my Sony/Minolta primes. There is always a layer hazziness over my images, no matter using the native e mount lenses or alpha mount lenses.
Mark K, I don't recognise this problem with my NEX-6. My images are sharp and clear without fail. Your NEX-6 must be faulty. You should return it for a replacement or return of payment. I agree that at the point of shooting I would probably prefer my A580, but to get to and from "the points of shooting" I much prefer my NEX system. Most of my time and energy is spent getting to and from "the points of shooting" hence my fondness for the NEX-6 as the results are comparable to or better than the A580.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

alphaomega wrote: "Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Kindly be informed that the NEX-6 was not designed to have a microphone with it and it is clearly not shown on the website.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience that this issue has caused.
Best regards,
Salwa
SONY SUPPORT TEAM"

Stupid me who did not read the "lack" of small print. I never thought that Sony would bring out an enthusiast level NEX without provision for en external microphone when all other NEXes from 3 to 7 series have this provision. You learn about quirky Sony as you go along. The NEX-6 hotshoe has at least 20 tiny connectors at the front, so maybe there is still hope that some of these provide for an external microphone fitted to the hotshoe to beleased "when Sony get round to it". I must live in hope or Barry Fitzgerald will score another point in his criticism of Sony.
you can always try the $800 "Sony XLR-K1M XLR Mic" http://www.adorama.com/ISOXLRK1M.html
I'm sure more mics and accessories using the "Multi-Interface Shoe" will arrive soon.

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Thanks for the information pakodominguez, but looking at http://store.sony.com/p/Pro-Cam,-Prosum ... patability It would seem as if it is compatible with the A99 but my NEX-6. In any even I would not spend the equivalent of $800 (or probably more in the UK) for such an elaborate Microphone. I do hope you are right that a £100 or so NEX-6 compatible microphone will be released at some stage. Since I already own a ECM-ALST1 unit to fit on my A580 I would also welcome a third party adapter that would fit into NEX-6's shoe and accept the ALST1 cable.