remote trigger for nex6

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

remote trigger for nex6

Unread post by gio67 »

Messing around with off camera/wireless flash and discovered that the old a700 remote commander works with the nex 6, Sony have discontinued this item,but it is available on amazon at a whopping 52 GBP.
However this ( click link below) should work, as it is being sold as a direct replacement and is cheaper than chips at 3.99 GBP.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Infrar ... 647&sr=1-2
Last edited by gio67 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eiffel
Initiate

Re: remote trigger for nex6

Unread post by Eiffel »

As an alternative, if you have a Harmony remote (and some can be purchased for little money), it is possible to add the standard Alpha remote to it: Device=VCR, Manufacturer=Sony, Model=A900 or A700 or NEX5 (among the possible combinations).
Proud owner of DK's dearly missed A900 ;-)
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Eiffel wrote:As an alternative, if you have a Harmony remote (and some can be purchased for little money), it is possible to add the standard Alpha remote to it: Device=VCR, Manufacturer=Sony, Model=A900 or A700 or NEX5 (among the possible combinations).
good shout, but if you took that out with you on a photo trip, your wife would kill you when you got back.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Are you sure it's discontinued? A search for "Sony RMT-DSLR2" brought up a few options including Sony UK's site. It is £25 which is a bit steep. I got mine 'free' with the A700. It works ok on the Nex 5 so I'd be surprised if it didn't work on the 6. I also have one of the cheap third party ones which is more convenient for shooting.

I believe you can use a smartphone for remotely triggering the shutter on the Nex 6 as well.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Birma wrote:Are you sure it's discontinued? A search for "Sony RMT-DSLR2" brought up a few options including Sony UK's site. It is £25 which is a bit steep. I got mine 'free' with the A700. It works ok on the Nex 5 so I'd be surprised if it didn't work on the 6. I also have one of the cheap third party ones which is more convenient for shooting.

I believe you can use a smartphone for remotely triggering the shutter on the Nex 6 as well.

mines was free with the 7oo to Birma, I tried the smartphone app, it,s really fiddly ( for me at least) and a bit hit or miss,I wouldn't like to depend on it.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That's disappointing to hear Gio67. DK also seems to be having problems with wireless connections between his Canon and his phone at the moment. It sounds like these wireless systems are a bit immature at the moment.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.