NEX 5 to Nikkormat EL -- The Surgery

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
bakubo
Tower of Babel

NEX 5 to Nikkormat EL -- The Surgery

Unread post by bakubo »

Remember the Nikkormat EL? Back when I wanted to get my first SLR in the early 1970s I considered a Nikkormat EL, but it was too expensive for me and, besides, it was the Nikon F2 that I really wanted. :lol: Also, I wanted a mechanical camera. See this interesting post and photos about putting the NEX 5 innards inside a Nikkormat EL:

http://photo.net/digital-camera-forum/00bHeX
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: NEX 5 to Nikkormat EL -- The Surgery

Unread post by bakubo »

The Nikkormat EL was about the first electronic camera and I wanted to stay with more mechanical cameras for my first SLR back in the early 1970s. Now our digital cameras are almost all electronic. :lol: The mirrorless ones and SLT ones have even gotten rid of the flipping mirror. The shutters will probably be gone before long too. IBIS is still mechanical, but the one in the Olympus E-M5 floats in a magnetic field so that sounds like it has few mechanical parts. The AF lenses still have some mechanics, but the electronic ones have less than the screw-drive lenses. We still have a few dials, control wheels, and buttons, but some cameras already have gotten rid of all of those too and are controlled by touch screens like the cameras in smartphones.