Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo microphone for new multi interface sh

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
alphaomega
Viceroy

Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo microphone for new multi interface sh

Unread post by alphaomega »

Looks as if my wait for an external microphone for my NEX-6 will come to an end in March.
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/cac-micro ... #/features
Sony are only listing the unit for use on camcorders, but here we have BH Photo confirming use on NEX with this new shoe - so for my NEX-6 as well.
I saw a price of $159 somewhere. So could be below £150 here in UK. I will probably pull out my credit card for that when unit available.
I thought it was only a matter of time before an external microphone became available for the NEX-6 as new NEX releases are also rumoured to have the new multi interface shoe.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: Sony ECM-XYST1M Stereo microphone for new multi interfac

Looks as if the link to BH Photo "disappeared" when posting.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... multi.html
alphaomega
Viceroy

Reference my initial comment above I finally decided to purchase the Sony ECM-XYST1m external microphone and bought through DigitalReview here in UK at £97.00 delivered. A bit apprehensive that based on previous comments I had made a mistake and would be faced with a 20% VAT and £10 collection charge (eliminating my saving). Happily the MIC arrived this morning with no additional charges.
Only tried an internal recording, but the unit works fine on my NEX-6 drawing power from the camera battery. Audio sounds good with frequency response 70-20,000 Hertz.
Only disappointment is that it is not possible to purchase an adapter that would allow use on my A580. Technically it should be possible to provide an adapter with a battery that could accept the provided cable and connect to the MIC terminal in my A580 and other DSLR/SLT Sony cameras.

Anyway I can now fit my Sony 17-250 to my LA-EA2 converter and record Video with quality sound and AF. Using the EVF in sunshine will also be an advantage.
faarisuman

Unread post by faarisuman »

I have used a 50 on my Nex for these sort if indoor people shots but it feels a bit long. Perhaps 30 or 35 is better.
You can join us for best 1Y0-300 braindumps dumps exam Test king training solutions. Our stevenson contains all those materials you want to pass for real exam & ase training