Rokinon, five new E-mount cine lenses

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
jeep1
Initiate

Rokinon, five new E-mount cine lenses

Unread post by jeep1 »

These seem to be shipping in the US, but no news of Samyang versions being available soon in the UK. I hope the 85mm 1.5 version proves to be as good as previous Samyang offerings. This would answer my quest for a native e-mount lens (and I'm not worried about it being manual or being designed for cine) of slightly longer focal length to join my NEX 7 and 5n kit which consists of 8mm Samyang fisheye, 16mm Sony + UWA adapter (available as cheap as chips 'split from kit', the 16mm is fine at f8 and with the UWA only the extreme corners get soft, but still perfectly usable), 19mm Sigma, 30mm Sigma, 50mm Sony and my one and only e-mount zoom, the new 16-50mm pancake zoom, which I find performs well and is a keeper, great on those days when you want to be out with just one discrete lens.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Rokinon, five new E-mount cine lenses

Unread post by pakodominguez »

jeep1 wrote:These seem to be shipping in the US, but no news of Samyang versions being available soon in the UK. I hope the 85mm 1.5 version proves to be as good as previous Samyang offerings. This would answer my quest for a native e-mount lens (and I'm not worried about it being manual or being designed for cine) of slightly longer focal length to join my NEX 7 and 5n kit which consists of 8mm Samyang fisheye, 16mm Sony + UWA adapter, 19mm Sigma, 30mm Sigma, 50mm Sony and my one and only e-mount zoom, the new 16-50mm pancake zoom, which I find performs well and is a keeper, great on those days when you want to be out with just one discrete lens.
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/defau ... okinon+nex
The Cine lenses are quite big and heavy, and have a stop-less iris that control the aperture. I'm not sure this are really appropriated for still photography.
I'm not specially interested on this lenses (I would like to see a 85 to 100 mm AF Macro...) but I'm curious about them, so I'll probably go tomorrow to the store and try to see how this Rokinon really looks like.
Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jeep1
Initiate

Unread post by jeep1 »

pakodominguez wrote:http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/defau ... okinon+nex
The Cine lenses are quite big and heavy, and have a stop-less iris that control the aperture. I'm not sure this are really appropriated for still photography.
I'm not specially interested on this lenses (I would like to see a 85 to 100 mm AF Macro...) but I'm curious about them, so I'll probably go tomorrow to the store and try to see how this Rokinon really looks like.
Regards
Yes make that times 2 on the 85 - 100mm NEX AF macro. The Samyang/Rokinon NEX mount cine lenses don't look as large as standard non cine DSLR versions, looking at the 85mm in particular. Would be interested in feed back if you get a hands on chance.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

35mm f1.5; 24mm f1.5 and 85mm f1.5
The card is the reference for size.
the fisheye is as big as the 85mm -they just add (nicely) the flange space necessary for the regular fisheye to work on NEX.
Lenses are well built, nice quality overall. But cinema lenses are big for any non camcorder NEX body.
I asked and they found natural that, now that Adorama is carrying all Rokinon products, they will have the Tilt/Shift 24mm f3.5 soon.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Interesting to see them Pako. Very interested in the 24mm T/S so please keep us up to date with any developments there :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Birma wrote:Interesting to see them Pako. Very interested in the 24mm T/S so please keep us up to date with any developments there :)
+1
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Birma wrote:Interesting to see them Pako. Very interested in the 24mm T/S so please keep us up to date with any developments there :)
Yes, it is a lens I'll consider to buy (that's one of the reason I'm selling equipment I don't need...)
Pako
------------