My A7 has arrived :)

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
teshi
Acolyte

My A7 has arrived :)

Unread post by teshi »

Ive been a fan of full frame for a long time since I purchased my Canon 5D I forget how many years ago. I also loved the NEX system when it was launched but never have been fond of APC-C. Maybe it is just me but finally something that combines the two things I have enjoyed with photography.

Have a few other lenses (A-mount) lenses to test with the LA-EA4 so will be interesting to actually put together a living with the A7 review over the next few weeks. :)
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: My A7 has arrived :)

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Teshi, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new camera. I like the look with the battery grip. Make sure you post some shots soon :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
teshi
Acolyte

Unread post by teshi »

Birma wrote:Hi Teshi, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new camera. I like the look with the battery grip. Make sure you post some shots soon :)
I only enjoy the use of the grip for my lower two fingers which otherwise slip off. I rarely shoot in portrait so not too bothered but for the testing period, I will be messing about with orientation.

I only managed a few photos on its first outing since I was a little busy but here we are

I have to say its actually quite a pleasing camera to use if you just pick it up and fire away so hopefully with a bit more fiddling around to set it up how I like, I think it will be event better. First thoughts with the 55 1.8 is for the first time I have not really had to make any corrections for distortion or vignetting.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice one Teshi - it looks like there is lots of detail in the foreground and a nicely rendered background too. :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
teshi
Acolyte

Unread post by teshi »

Took the new cam outdoors today and with a few friends, I think I am content to say the Sony 55 1.8 is my new best friend. :)

Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Welcome to the forum Teshi and congrats on your wonderful toy.
My friend received his a7r a couple of days ago, and after some tests we came to a conclusion that the a7 is a much better one for routine use.
However, all lenses were non native, so we're still very subjective in our verdict.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
teshi
Acolyte

Unread post by teshi »

Dr. Harout wrote:Welcome to the forum Teshi and congrats on your wonderful toy.
My friend received his a7r a couple of days ago, and after some tests we came to a conclusion that the a7 is a much better one for routine use.
However, all lenses were non native, so we're still very subjective in our verdict.
Thanks for the info. I am only using Sony lenses at the moment with the LA-EA4 which I have yet to really test. Hopefully tomorrow onwards I should have a metabones adaptor so can look into in more detail.

I would be interested to see if you have any documentation on your testing. :)
teshi
Acolyte

Unread post by teshi »

New goodies arrived today for further testing. Canon EF Metabones adaptor and a 70-400 so should be interesting comparing images against a few other brands hopefully soon.