Will you buy an A7s at 2500 UKP?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Will you buy an A7s at 2500 UKP?

Unread post by Mark K »

Well I start to doubt A7s's place for us still photographer. The ISO range of 100to 40K....means a lot for videoographers but not for us. I ditched a fast A7 for A7r for its higher resolution and better dynamic range, why should I buy an A7s if both DRs are the same at low ISO?

For the given price, I can also buy a Nikon DF for similar performance at low light.

Just my thoughts

Rem: I also started a similar thread in other forums
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Will you buy an A7s at 2500 UKP?

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Mark K wrote:Well I start to doubt A7s's place for us still photographer. The ISO range of 100to 40K....means a lot for videoographers but not for us. I ditched a fast A7 for A7r for its higher resolution and better dynamic range, why should I buy an A7s if both DRs are the same at low ISO?

For the given price, I can also buy a Nikon DF for similar performance at low light.

Just my thoughts

Rem: I also started a similar thread in other forums
That is about 4000$?
Nope, no chances I'll pay that for that camera. First rumor was 1700$ and at that price I can think about the A7S as a camera for some kind of jobs.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

Even if the A7s was being offered for less than the A7r I couldn't justify buying,it would be only occasionally useful to me. Will be keeping any spare cash in the bank to see what comes out in the next 12 months.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Not here. I may not even test one unless specifically asked to, and even then, I'll need to find a film-maker to work with. There was a certain level up to which I could write with reasonable authority even about video modes - at this level, I can't write with basic knowledge, and may prefer to drop out of this race.

I'm seeing many professionals taking a similar view about some developments in still work as well.

David
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

This sensor and the PZ lens is really for the Sony broadcast video cameras.The only reasons that I can think of for the A7s to come first is to take advantage of the interest in the A7 and that none of the genuine video cameras were ready to be shown at NAB.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Someone in South Korea might. SAR has just posted system camera sales in S. Korea and it would appear that Sony have managed to beat Canon on account of the mirrorless market having reached 58% against DSLR 42%.
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/korea-so ... han-canon/
Sony’s dream to overturn Canon on the system camera market became truth in one country: South Korea! In February Sony beat Canon by a margin of 0.1% only and now owns 33,163% of the overall system camera market in Korea. The reason hwy this happens is easy: Asian countries are shifting towards mirrorless system cameras while Europe and North American stills tick to DSLR systems. In Q4 of 2013 the mirrorless sales iN Korea climbed up to 58% of the system camera market (DSLR drops to 42%).