Don't Worry ? Be Happy ?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: Don't Worry ? Be Happy ?

Unread post by alphaomega »

I actually have a wee laught to myself when I see these petit ladies from the far east walking around with their Canikon DSLRs with kit lenses. A bit like a camera with a lady. I, on the other hand, can do the same photography with my handy RX100. I don't even bother with my NEX-6/16-50 pancake as I get as good results with my RX100. I pick up the NEX-6 bag with additional 10-18 & 55-210 E zooms when I need range outwith the RX100 capability, but that is not often. I have a heavy bag with an A580 with CZ 16-80, Tamron 10-24 and motorized 70-300 but it is really collecting a bit of dust. For video I have another bag with an A58 and tamron 18-270 mounted. Probably the RX100 does 80% of the work. Seriously considering buying the rumoured RX100III if it is true it will have an EVF and 24-70mm equivalent lens. I would keep my RX100.
I think it is only a question of time before the petit asian (and other) ladies discover the bliss of carrying an RX100 or equivalent. I am sold on getting same or better results with less tonnage and bulk.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I left Turkey and got back to Tokyo a couple of days ago. It's Golden Week here so most people have holidays. Been in a big Bic Camera and LABI and it is a bit surprising how the big DSLR sections had few customers looking at all the Canon, Nikon, Pentax, and Sony cameras, but in the big mirrorless section lots of people.

Saw an A900 in box on the clearance table at LABI yesterday. I forgot the price, but under $2000, I think.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bfitzgerald wrote:Evidently the Pentax Q was a bit of a hit in Japan, but I've more chance of bumping into Michael Jackson or Elvis in my local branch of Tesco, that finding someone with a Pentax Q :mrgreen:
I see a Pentax Q in someone's hands from time to time. I see the big news today is that Ricoh has announced the new Pentax Q-S1.
classiccameras
Viceroy

Unread post by classiccameras »

Now you mention Ricoh, does any one use the GXR cameras, they don't seem to be very popular yet Ricoh keeps the line running so I guess there must be some sales. I have never seen one on the street.