Sale on SEL20F28

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Sale on SEL20F28

Unread post by Vidgamer »

BestBuy is selling the 20mm lens for $159 or thereabouts. It's crazy! I couldn't resist and got mine. Word on DPR is that you have to go to your local store and if they don't have one in stock they should be able to order it. I wonder if they are clearing stock? Some were speculating that perhaps there was a replacement.

At any rate, it seems like a good lens. It seems reminiscent of the 16mm, but without the weird extreme corner softness, etc. I look forward to giving it a try.
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Sale on SEL20F28

It doesn't seem like this lens has gotten favorable reviews, but in my tests, I find it better than the kit lenses, particularly at wider apertures and towards the edges, as you'd expect. Seems worth using to me, even if it's not the CZ 24.

DSC00018_DxO by avidgamefan, on Flickr

DSC00069_DxO by avidgamefan, on Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Congrats on the new lens, Vidgamer. There is also the Sigma 19mm to consider in this range so we are spoilt for wide primes :) . At that price it would be a must buy, I agree.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Birma wrote:Congrats on the new lens, Vidgamer. There is also the Sigma 19mm to consider in this range so we are spoilt for wide primes :) . At that price it would be a must buy, I agree.
Yep, a lot of people have gotten the Sigma 19, which normally is much cheaper. In this case, the Sony was a better deal, but I'd lean towards the Sony anyway just because of the compact size, which might be nice to have at some time.

(I also have the Sigma 30, which is smaller than the 19.)