May You Live In Interesting Times ?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

May You Live In Interesting Times ?

Unread post by peterottaway »

After DK posted the price at B & H for the A77, here is another Christmas offer From Camerastore in Australia,

A7 with 28-70 zoom is AUD 1099.
A7r with 28-70 zoom is AUD 1799.
A7s with 28-70 zoom is AUD 1999. The same official price as the A7 II is.

I have been on the lookout for a good Nikon FF to replace/add to my D700. But as I all ready own a Nikon F and G adapter then I can add something similar to any of the existing Nikon FF for much less money if I was so inclined. So one A7r for Sony A and E mount and another with the Nikon adapter virtually permanently fixed to another A7r for a similar price to the D610 ? A pretty cheap D810 alternative for my shooting requirements.
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Re: May You Live In Interesting Times ?

Unread post by peterottaway »

Having thought about it for a little longer, I have decided to donate the slightly used D700 with 3 batteries and the 24-85 and 80-200 zooms to the local high school Arts and Photography. I really need to accept that Nikon and myself have well and truly parted company.

I will keep the AF-S 28 / 1.8, 35 / 1.8, 60 / 2.8 and 85 / 1.8 lenses - you never know I may even add the new 20mm to the collection. Who said that there no real choice in new prime lenses for the A7 cameras ?