Interesting discussion

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Interesting discussion

Unread post by mikeriach »

In the course of my Christmas shopping on Saturday I popped into my local Jessops store for a browse.
The salesman approached as usual and asked if I was looking for anything in particular.
I said I was considering a change from Sony to Canikon but wasn't sure as yet. He was shocked and asked why, as in his opinion, the new Sony A7 mark 2 releases were "THE" cameras to have and that was coming from a Nikon user.

I explained my issues with the A7 series and he conceded that for my typical use they probably weren't ideal and a traditional DSLR would be better for the moment. A very knowledgeable young man (makes a nice change) and quite happy to shoot the breeze with me. He too was frustrated that Sony seemed to have severely neglected the A mount but the fact that the A7 series wiped the floor with Canikon was great compensation.

It's really uplifting to see they recognise the excellent Sony technology and that it is not a gimmick but a real market leader and that they are actively pushing it. One of his colleagues was pushing the A7RII to a customer who was interested in a 5Ds mind you they had neither in stock to demo them.

I'm still not buying into it though, YET.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Interesting discussion

Unread post by Birma »

That is an interesting development, Mike. My local LCE had the full set of A7 models a few weeks ago when I popped in including a mk1 which was interesting for size comparison purposes.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.