National Geographic photographer Jay Dickman presentation

Discuss photo books, videos, DVDs, training courses, exhibitions and events - anything which helps you learn and understand photography
bakubo
Tower of Babel

National Geographic photographer Jay Dickman presentation

Unread post by bakubo »

Last night I couldn't get to sleep so I fired up my tablet and watched this video of a talk by National Geographic photographer Jay Dickman. He appears to be in his late 60s and has been a photojournalist and commercial photographer also over the years. I enjoyed his talk and presentation that also included many of his photos which he used to illustrate points. Worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnPGosYGIcU

National Geographic photographers are the rock stars of photography, and B&H and Lexar team up to bring you one of photography’s all-star shooters: Jay Dickman. In the last few years, working with NatGeo, Jay Dickman has been on assignment in over 25 countries around the world, and shot stories ranging from the ice fields of the Antarctic, to the people of Tibet, to the deserts of Jordan. This is a discussion of travel/location photography. Whether you are shooting a story for National Geographic or for your personal website or blog, Jay will use a visual narrative to show you how to improve your images to engage your audience more deeply and thoroughly. Jay also shares his earlier work, including his Pulitzer Prize winning images from the war in El Salvador.