photoshop cs2

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

photoshop cs2

Unread post by stevecim »

Hi All

I've managed to unpack my main PC from storage and found it only has PS cs2 does anyone know if that works OK with a350 RAW files?

Cheers, Stephen
harveyzone
Oligarch

Re: photoshop cs2

Unread post by harveyzone »

stevecim wrote:I've managed to unpack my main PC from storage and found it only has PS cs2 does anyone know if that works OK with a350 RAW files?
No it won't, but you could convert to DNG using the latest Adobe DNG convertor and use DNG RAW files with CS2.
--
Tom
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Photoshop CS2

Unread post by 01af »

Make sure your Photoshop CS2 setup has all updates installed, in particular Bridge 1.0.4 and Camera Raw 3.7. If not then enable automatic updates in Photoshop's Help menu and leave the machine alone overnight, with an open connection to the Internet. Or download and install all applicable updates manually from Adobe's download page (for Mac/for Windows; scroll down for the CS2 updates).

While Photoshop CS2 itself is absolutely fine, you'll really want to upgrade to CS4 for both Bridge and Camera Raw. However better make sure you have a modern graphics card built into your machine, or at least the graphics card's latest drivers installed.

Camera Raw 3.x cannot read raw files from the newer Sony Alpha cameras---but it can read DNG files created from their ARW raw files through the latest Adobe DNG Converter (which currently is 4.6). Download Adobe's "DNG Converter and Camera Raw 4.6 update" package, unpack it, throw away Camera Raw 4.6 (as you cannot use that with CS2) and then use DNG Converter 4.6, which is a simple stand-alone executable program, to convert your ARW files to DNG files.

-- Olaf
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Photoshop CS2

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

01af wrote:While Photoshop CS2 itself is absolutely fine, you'll really want to upgrade to CS4 for both Bridge and Camera Raw.

-- Olaf
Or even to CS3, which might be cheaper now that CS4 is out.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Re: photoshop cs2

Unread post by stevecim »

Thanks all