Free Capture One LE

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Beakydave
Initiate

Free Capture One LE

Unread post by Beakydave »

I have a free licence key for the above (it came with my latest SanDisk card and I don't need it). If anyone wants it, the first to shout "I do" on this thread can have it - I'll PM the key to the 'winner'.
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by 01af »

Is it still available? If so then: I do!

-- Olaf
Beakydave
Initiate

Gone!

Unread post by Beakydave »

01af wrote:Is it still available? If so then: I do!

-- Olaf
Sorry, Olaf - it's already been snapped up by someone on another forum (for a free offer, I reckoned a week was long enough before offering it elsewhere)

I'm not sure if they're still doing them, but if you were considering purchase of a new card, my key came with a SanDisk 2gb Extreme III CF
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Gone!

Unread post by 01af »

Beakydave wrote:... I reckoned a week was long enough before offering it elsewhere.
Yes, sure. I guess a week is more than fair.

In the meantime I figured the LE version of Capture One does not include the feature I was after anyway; only the Pro version does---it's the ability to tweak the curves of each single R, G, and B channel separately. So I will stick to Adobe Camera Raw and keep tweaking my curves after raw conversion in Photoshop. And who knows ... maybe some day ACR will get an improved Tone Curves tool ...

In case someone's wondering what's so hot about being able to tweak the single R, G, and B curves---read Dan Margulis' book 'Professional Photoshop'! It's also available in other languages besides English---I have the German edition. If you want to buy it, make sure you get the latest edition which is the 5th (February 2007). However it's not a beginner's book.

-- Olaf