Help! IDC newb here

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Help! IDC newb here

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

I'm still not sure what I'm doing with so many NR and Sharpening sliders. I hear talk of "chroma noise reduction" but I only get "color" and "edge" with another slider to control "amount" with IDC.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

KevinBarrett wrote:I'm still not sure what I'm doing with so many NR and Sharpening sliders. I hear talk of "chroma noise reduction" but I only get "color" and "edge" with another slider to control "amount" with IDC.
I generally turn off NR and sharpening in IDC. I do that in PS.
marktuma
Initiate

Unread post by marktuma »

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Capture One as a RAW converter. It has to be worth a look, and again there's a 30 day trial. I like it and am pleased with the results - it appeals to me because it's not trying to be a swiss army knife and do everything, it just focuses on the RAW conversion and does that simply and well.
marktuma
Initiate

Unread post by marktuma »

Ah, I never got into the Adobe way of doing things, and I originally got C1 free with a Sandisk memory card a couple of years ago. Now I don't think I would ever consider it worth spending the money to go the Adobe way. I'd pay for C1 if I had to for it's speed and ease of use, but I can understand how it wouldn't fit for everyone.