Bibble Pro 5.0 vs Ligthroom 2.3 wih A900 ISO3200

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
InTheSky
Viceroy

Bibble Pro 5.0 vs Ligthroom 2.3 wih A900 ISO3200

Unread post by InTheSky »

I have decided to tried Bibble for the first time yesterday. First because I'm now running on Ubuntu 64bit on my Dell Laptop and second because I'm tired to have see some difficulty making my ISO3200 picture on the A900 looking good.

Fist impression after installing Bibble, wow this software is fast. The new interface of Billble (for what I have seen on the previous preview) looks like Lightroom in color and feeling. (The dark grey is fashion :-) ).

I have just tried yesterday nigh to take one of my picture at ISO3200 in low light situation and do my best in Lightroom to make it good.

After that, I have open Bibble with no experience, and opened the same picture. First reaction what to see this tiny fine grain applied to the noise that gave effect first that the picture has better detail (Image are in cRaw).

The equivalent of lightroom with both slider to 100% for colour and noise is equivalent to only 10% of the basic NR reduction of Bibble (with Noise Ninja embeded).

http://www.pbase.com/nadeauf/image/1119 ... iginal.jpg

The Bibble software is able to retrieve the good colour balance because It can goes lower than 2000k.

I have seen that there is plenty of plug-in available to attach to Bibble, and is there one better than other that you are using often ?

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Bibble Pro 5.0 vs Ligthroom 2.3 wih A900 ISO3200

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

There's only one problem Frank - the Bibble result is at least one step darker than the Lightroom result, as ISO equivalence has to be judged on midtones and shadows not highlights. Therefor Bibble is turning 3200 into 1600 (or Lightroom is turning it into 6400). Other than this, the finer noise structure is well known. I have simply never been able to work with the program.

David
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

I had just prepared a little comparison between ACR, Bibble, DXO and in Camera JPG. But I can't do a post with 4 attachments. So I combined them into 1 pic, then the forum said it's too large. :evil: Seems to be hard to post images, unless you make things really small :|
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Post a link to an outside hosted file, and the image can be 1000 pixels square (actually 1024, but it is safer to use 1000).

David
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Where did you get Bibble 5.0?

I have checked the website, and the version I have - 4.10.1 - is the latest. 5.0 is not available.

David
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Try here, this is preview 2 (not the final 5.0): http://download.bibblelabs.com/b5/
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Thanks - I am on their mailing list and an NFR user of Bibble for tests - so no idea why Eric failed to send me a link.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

I have got the download link on dpreview forum on my side.

I will try to investigate the exposure issue in Bibble.

I was surprised too that there is only the 24-105mm that is in the list of the corrective lens system of Bibble. Is this corrective system really efficient ?
Frank
InTheSky
Viceroy

Ok ... I have got time this morning to add some tests photos I have done yesterday night.

Picture taken at ISO 6400 in RAW - JPEG and I have included the JPEG too. Standard 0 0 0 (I have also included the ISO 800 JPEG shot).

Open in Lightroom and export only , same thing in Bibble Pro 5.
Lightroom Max NR setting, and same picture reduced to 12 MP (and I have done the same thing in Bibble with NR setting 5/20 and 10/20, and one 12 MP at 15/20).

http://www.pbase.com/nadeauf/bibblevslightroom

I will try to do some compare setup pictures tonight.

But for now I think my test is not that good probably because there is enought light to make the ISO6400 looks good :-).

ISO6400

Regards,

Frank
Frank
Alain
Initiate

Unread post by Alain »

InTheSky wrote:I have got the download link on dpreview forum on my side.

I will try to investigate the exposure issue in Bibble.

I was surprised too that there is only the 24-105mm that is in the list of the corrective lens system of Bibble. Is this corrective system really efficient ?
Hi

I checked and after using the dropdown I got a large nr of lenses. It could be that the correction for other km lenses is only in aps-c format.

They accept lens correction photo's to add new lenses, they even have a small tutorial to make them. I got a response with the lens data within two day last year and the lens was added on the next update. I could add the lens manually in the mean time.
InTheSky
Viceroy

You are right Alain !

This make a lot of sens and I'm happy now that Bibble make the difference in correction base on the sensor too. Cool.

This means I need to make test shot for for my lenses now :-)

Regards,

Frank
Frank