PS Elements 3 irritation

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Omega892
Oligarch

PS Elements 3 irritation

Unread post by Omega892 »

I have been trying to put together a small portfolio for fitting within an INNOVA folder (given to me by my local LCE when I purchased an A700) but using Epson Premium Photo Glossy not the INNOVA supplied which produces a dull & drab result.

Not wishing to waste ink by printing edge to edge on A4 Premium Photo Glossy (Epson 1290S) I cropped special 17.5 cm x 21 cm images to place so as to avoid the area beyond the fold and within the clamp.

I was using Photoshop Elements 3 but this would not let me place an image where I wanted it at one end of the paper. I carefully matched image size to printable area and set No-Margin. Border is selected off (unchecked) but an image will only print if Center Image is checked. Any attempt at offsetting on page will fail no matter what Print Size is selected e.g., Fit on Page, Custom size. The image file goes to the print que and is shown there and the process stalls, not moving on to the next stage which is the drivers Print Preview (on as a safety net).

So I moved to my laptop with Elements 1 where I have never had a problem and sure enough I have now achieved the size and placing required.

Why do software developers have to make life so hard. The different route through to the Print is also irritating? I prefer the Page Preview way of Elements 1.

I was recently contacted by Adobe asking If I would like to upgrade to a yet newer version. Sorry Adobe but if you mess with the interface too much then I ain't going there.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin