MSI U100: what you can do with it?

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

MSI U100: what you can do with it?

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Can you run Photoshop? Lightroom? Lightzone? Or it is just good for back up your pics on the road and check emails?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Re: MSI U100: what you can do with it?

Unread post by stevecim »

looking at the specs it should be fine but memory tops out at 2GB.
just don't expect it to be has fast has a desktop ;)
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: MSI U100: what you can do with it?

Unread post by Javelin »

there are a couple of these and an Asus or 2 runnin around our office now. If your used to working on your laptop, like for real work, these things will frustrate you. some of the guys only use them for e-mail etc. and are happy. none fo them have had trouble yet where they've needed me to fix it so i can't say much about that. I replaced my laptop with a Nokia N810. mostly when I travel I only need communication and this does e-mail chat and Skype on wifi networks. i'm posting from it now. these devices are going to be taken over by smartphones I think. This could easily replace an iphone if the wimax version made it to market and no data plans to buy, but the retailers and maybe Nokia themselves have no idea what to do with them and i'm certain the retailers discourage people from buying them in favour of smartphones with plans. For the camera I just bought MS's and store them until i'm home. And the nice strap I got from David holds 6 of them in the little pouch.