DXO

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: DXO

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Just tried DxO on a trial with my windows pc.

Yes it's a lot less of a hog than the last version was. However, still not too blown away with the interface, though it's passable. Also I am not really sure what all the fuss is about, yes I know it corrects distortion etc with known lenses, high ISO results were indeed better than ACR (but what isn't?) Interesting, improved..but not essential, not yet.

The day someone matches LR for DAM abilities/workflow, and puts a good raw converter in there, then I will be very interested indeed.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

I think with LR 3.0 beta... Adobe is starting to listen ... bad things for other software... but let's wait to see the reaction of others.

regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

On the french forum there are rumours about DXO 6 for later this year - but given it's already end octobre they better hurry up!
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by stevecim »

I'm still trying to learn DxO, I found that I don't like the results of many of the presets, so when I process a batch of images I will import the images with no corrections applied, make what ever corrections I want to the first image, cut and paste the corrections to the rest of the images and fine tune from there, Has I go along if a find a set of settings that work well with a type of image, i save the settings has a preset.

most users on the forums say the builtin presets are pretty poor.

David, on the DxO forums one of the main posters, Andy_F (he also handles email support for DxO) has made a set of presets. although he uses a nikon.
if you have some spare time :) could you try Andy_F's presets and see if they are better for alpha then DxO presets? Since I don't really know what I'm looking at :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I wish I had time. I have a week's worth of work to do for the BJP in the next 48 hours and then more... the Canon 7D has occupied days just trying to suss out whether the people who say the focus is unreliable are right, or the people who say the other don't know how to use it are right. Verdict: the focus is unreliable AND they don't know how to use it.

David